CH:23- Consciousness, Affliction, and Inclination

Start from the beginning

On the other hand, Pushpa Ji scanned Karishma's face—-she can clearly see the sign of uneasiness and discomfort spread across Karishma's face, "what happened to her all of the sudden?" She thought, "she was totally fine with Samar before."

"Urmi mere ko tere se baat karni hai," Abhimanyu's voice diverted everyone's attention toward him.

"Mein call karti hai tere ko," Urmila uttered, "abhi tu jaa," she almost pushed him out of the station.

"You are not allowed to bring your dates here," Karishma said as she followed Haseena to her cabin once Abhimanyu left.

Haseena opened her mouth to say something but stopped when she found Pushpa Ji, and Santosh lingered outside of her cabin, she changed her tone, "are, chatak chandni tu bhi to lai na apne mangeter ko, maine kuch bola," she came and stood beside Karishma as she turned Karishma's face towards the door where Pushpa Ji and Santosh were standing.

"Baat karte hain hum aapse," She glanced at Haseena's face angrily and moved out of Haseena's cabin— startling both Pushpa Ji and Santosh, "kaam nahi aap dono ko kuch," she said sternly and moved towards her desk, "she seems happy with everyone except me," she looked at Haseena from the corner of her eyes and sighed coldly, "we were never meant to be, I suppose," she thought while opening the file.

_____________________________

Haseena was pacing outside of her room while glancing at Karishma's door every now and then for the past half an hour. She was trying to gather the courage to go and speak with Karishma but could not do so. However, when she saw Meena coming out with the dinner tray from Karishma's room, she gestured to her. "What is she doing?" Haseena asked impatiently.

Meena scanned her face, "she has been standing in the rain for the past four hours," she uttered as she noticed Haseena's expression changed drastically, "she didn't even have her food," she showed the dinner plate to Haseena.

"Hmm..," Haseena took a deep breath and was about to move towards Karishma's room when she stopped midway and turned towards Meena, "bring food for her in half an hour," she said, "Okay!" as she made eye contact with Meena.

Meena nodded her head, "kya chal raha hai in dono ke darmiyan," she muttered, "kabhi ek gussa, kabhi dusra gussa," she sighed exasperatedly and started descending the steps.

Haseena knocked on Karishma's door but after getting no response, she entered the room and locked it from inside.

Karishma felt someone's presence, "how many times do I have to tell you Meena that I'm not hungry," she said in an irritated tone without turning back.

"Why didn't you come for dinner?" Haseena asked while standing in the middle of the room instead of moving towards the balcony where Karishma was standing, thoroughly soaked.

Karishma got alerted after hearing Haseena's voice but didn't speak.

"You are not giving me a chance to explain myself," Haseena took a few steps towards Karishma but continued to stand in the room, "and, spending your time with him forcefully," she said while collecting raindrops on her palm.

"But did it affect you in any way?" Karishma's voice was filled with rage.

"If it hasn't affected me then why would I be making attempts to talk to you," Haseena uttered as she stepped out on the balcony and felt numerous raindrops embracing her, all at once.

Karishma made her grip tight on the railing as she can feel Haseena moving in her direction.

"Kis ko saza de rahi hain, aap?" Haseena uttered as she leaned on the railing while facing Karishma, "aapne aap ko, yah humain," she crossed her hand over the chest.