(3) Add it to the tab, asshole!

Adelaide's POV

I wake up in the middle of the night and see the TV's clock flashing 3 am. I think this is the perfect time to start my second escape attempt. I don't have much experience being kidnapped, but I expected much more torture for this money exchange deal. You wouldn't last long. You have a low pain tolerance.

I change into a comfortable disguise that will blend in with the darkness, and I pull my hair into a ponytail. I use a bobby pin for my curtain bangs and hope they'll be helpful.

Outfit:

They really should have checked to see if you had any other objects that could help you escape

They really should have checked to see if you had any other objects that could help you escape. I think Dominic is underestimating me by letting me keep my dagger. But I won't hesitate to kill if necessary.

I quietly unlock my door and look around for any guards. If he were lying about them being inside, I'd keep my dagger in my hand. I finally see a flight of stairs and quickly reach the second floor.

The whole house's lighting is dim, so at least I'm not walking around in complete darkness. Can he not afford to have the lights on? Probably not. Maybe he's not as rich as his reputation says he is. Slightly disappointing.

I almost laugh at my own thoughts when I hear motion in one of the hallways. It sounds like a door was closed, so I peek in that hallway. It looks like a dead end, so I'll try and get to the main floor.

I sigh at the last set of stairs and try to find the front door. I end up finding the entrance to the garage, and the light automatically turns on. Damn, how many cars does a person need?

I grab the first key on the wall hook, and it unlocks the Ferrari in the middle. This idiot needs to keep his keys in a safer spot.

I quickly open the door on the driver's side and move to turn on the engine. But then the passenger door flings open, and someone gets in the car with me. I hold my dagger close to their neck and see Dominic smirking.

"Where are we going, Princess?" He asks.

I press it against his neck, but not enough to break his skin. "Get the fuck out," I order.

"No can do, honey." He says, looking relaxed.

"Are you at least going to try and fight back?" I ask, annoyed.

"We're not fighting. You can't even leave this garage without the code." He states.

While I take a quick moment to think, he twists my wrist away from him. "Did you really think I'd let you escape?" He asks.

"Well, nothing was stopping me before. I mean, who doesn't have security inside?" I ask, glaring at him.

"Someone with cameras. I knew where you were the whole time. You weren't even hiding." He says.

Cameras? I didn't see any cameras! No shit. I knew this was too easy. I groan with annoyance and cross my arms. "I fucking hate you," I mumble.

"Get in line, sweetheart." He says with a shrug.

"I'll stab you if you keep calling me names." I threaten, pointing it at him.

"I think you like them, Princess." He teases.

I flick the dagger in his direction, and he smoothly catches the blade. "You have better aim than that, babe." He says with an unimpressed expression.

I punch his jaw, and his head whips to the side. "Is that better, babe?" I ask sarcastically.

He scoffs and says, "Could be improved, and that's what your training is for."

"What training?" I ask with a frown.

"Just a little refresher in case someone attacks you. I expected more fight before taking you here." He says.

"Stop expecting anything from me. Disappointment is easier to accept that way." I say, flashing him a smile. "And you weren't a threat against my life. Therefore, nothing to fight for."

He grabs my throat, and I dig my nails into his arm. "You're only alive because I let you live. Don't make me regret it." He says in a low tone.

I use my arms to get his grip off me and move my feet to kick his stomach. "I'm only alive because no one is worthy of taking my life." I spit, grabbing my dagger from his side.

I exit the car and key his car door while Dominic steps out. He glares at my action, but I just chuck the keys at him. "You're paying for that." He says as I walk back inside.

"Add it to the tab, asshole!" I yell, slamming the garage door.

I walk back to my room and destroy anything in my way. I'm sure he's rich enough to replace a couple of broken decorations. They were ugly anyway.

I get back in bed and decide to let my body rest. No use in escaping for today. But I'll give Dominic one hell of a fight until I'm back home. He may be a powerful mafia leader, but bullets still kill.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Thank you for reading! 💗

Byeeeeeeeeeee! 👋