chapter eleven

Vinnie was treated and luckily, he was fine. The previous wound on his head wasn't opened, just pounding from the blow. That day, which is now yesterday, he filed for emergency custody of Nelly and was granted with it.

Currently, he was at his house, where Aaliyah was since he insisted on not pressing charges on his baby mom. He was packing things up that he would need for right now while Aaliyah begged him to stay.

"I'm not staying here Aaliyah. I'm sorry." Vinnie answered, painfully realizing the relationship he had with the woman he loved so much was over.

"Then at least let me keep Nelly with me. Please Vinnie." Aaliyah said, inching closer to her carrier.

"You think after you attacked me that I trust you with my child?" Vinnie asked.

"I would never hurt her Vinnie." Aaliyah said.

"You're not in the right state of mind, you could do anything even if you didn't mean too." Vinnie answered, throwing the bags of things for him and Nelly over his shoulder.

Before he could grab her carrier, Aaliyah snatched it up. Running down the stairs and attempting to grab her car keys so she could leave with Nelly before Vinnie had the chance.

"Stop! Stop it!" Vinnie yelled, grabbing her arm, his voice echoing off of houses, as they were outside now.

"Please don't take my baby." Aaliyah begged as he took the carrier from her hand.

"When you can get your emotions under control and you're stable, I'll go for joint custody, until then, I think it's best she stays with me. I'll bring her to see you, but it will be supervised by me." Vinnie said.

He put her carrier in the car and made sure she was secure. Turning around, he was hit in the head once again causing his back to slam into the back of the car.

"B-Baby, I'm so sorry. I don't know wh-"

"You don't know why you hit me? Because you don't want me to leave. You want me to stay so you can control my life like you've done since we got back together. One thing is for damn sure, Emily never did this type of shit to me. If you ever want to see your daughter again, then get your fucking shit together. Until then, stay the hell away from us both." Vinnie said, getting in the car and slamming the door. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and ended the video he had of her.

He payed no attention to her as he pulled out of the driveway.

——

He walked out of the courthouse with Nelly's carrier on his arm. He had just been granted for a protection order, stating that she couldn't be within a mile of wherever Vinnie, Nelly, Bear, or Kaiser were.

She could not call him unless it was about there daughter and the only time she could be within a mile of them was if she wanted to visit Nelly, under supervision. The only time they could be within a mile of each other was when Vinnie was dropping Bear off at school.

He put his daughter back in the car, getting in the drivers seat. As he began to start the car, his phone rang with an unknown number. He hoped this wasn't Aaliyah on a fake number since he had been advised to block her number until she was notified of the order.

He picked up the phone, putting to his ear.

(V = Vinnie / C = Caller)
V: Hello?

C: May I speak to Vincent Hacker?

V: This is him.

C: Hello Mr. Hacker. This is Jennifer with the realtors office. I just wanted to let you know that your application has been approved for the house if you're still interested! Is there a certain time you can pick up the keys?