chapter seven

"Can you watch Janelle?" Aaliyah asked.

"You don't need to ask me to watch my own child." Vinnie answered.

"Okay. I fed her and everything so she'll be okay for a few hours. I'll be back before then."  Aaliyah said, walking out the door after Vinnie nodded.

His children sat at the table, waiting for him to make lunch. He hated that everything was so quiet and tense. That his babies couldn't be comfortable in their own house.

"How about we go to Raising Canes and Walmart? Does that sound fun?" Vinnie asked, turning to his babies who excitedly nodded their heads yes.

Vinnie smiled, telling them to go put socks and shoes on. While he waited for them, he texted Aaliyah and let her know he was leaving.

Vinnie:
I'm taking the kids out for lunch and we're going to the store.

Aaliyah:
You aren't leaving the house with Janelle

Vinnie:
Why? She's my daughter too. You wouldn't have her if I hadn't gotten you pregnant.

Aaliyah:
You better be back by the time I'm home. I want to see my daughter.

Vinnie:
I'm a grown man Aaliyah, please don't treat me like a child. I'll be home as soon as I'm done grocery shopping, I promise.

After that he didn't respond to any more texts from her. He silenced his notifications. He put his baby in her carrier, thankful to finally be able to spend some time with her.

"You wanna eat wif us Nelwy?" Kaiser asked as he helped Vinnie cover her in a blanket.

"She can't eat big kid food yet, but I'm sure she's super excited to spend time with her big brother." Vinnie smiled at his cute he was being with his sister.

"What about her big sister?" Bear asked as she put her hair in a ponytail.

"She's super excited to spend time with you too." Vinnie smiled, picking her carrier up and taking all three kids and their belongings to the car.

——

"Now, if you behave while daddy gets groceries, you can each get a toy." Vinnie said, putting both of his children in the cart and pushing the cart into the store.

"Okay daddy!" Bear said, telling Kaiser all about the toy she wanted to get.

He walked around the store, getting different things that they needed at the house. Bear and Kaiser played with his toy trucks that he took everywhere and Vinnie talked quietly to Nelly who just stared up at him, completely mesmerized by her dad.

"You're so pretty baby. So so pretty, just like mommy." Vinnie said, still acknowledging the fact that her mother was a beautiful woman.

"Daddy, Kaiser wants Pizza Rolls and I want Dino Nuggets." Bear said.

Vinnie for what they wanted, letting Kaiser hold the bag of pizza rolls until his hands got to cold. Once had had everything, he took the kids to the toy section.

"Alright, pick a toy out okay?" Vinnie said.

Bear insisted that they let Kaiser pick a toy first since he was younger and the most excited for a new toy. In the end, he picked a set of toy trucks. His favorite.

"Daddy what about Nelly? She needs a toy too." Bear said, holding onto the doll and clothes set she had gotten.

"You think so?" Vinnie asked to which Bear and Kaiser nodded, insisting he buy their sister a toy since she was good too.

Vinnie smiled, pushing the cart over to the baby section. He immediately found cute clothes for her and not being able to resist buying them. The mom part of him was screaming on the inside at that moment.

"Daddy, enough clothes- get that dress for her right now!" Bear pointed to a pink flowery dress with white sunflowers all over it.

Vinnie smiled, taking it and putting it in the cart. He got sizes a little bit bigger so she could wear them as she grew.

"Alright, let's take her to the toys now." Vinnie said "After I put this onesie in the cart." Vinnie said, putting it in the cart.

"No, no. Toys." Kaiser said.

"Alright, toys." Vinnie said.

He pushed the cart over to the baby toy section, finding a couple cute, soft toys for her. He held them up to show her, picking the purple soft block that she wouldn't take her eyes off.

"She wants this one." Vinnie told the kids.

"Can we get her a couple more daddy? She doesn't have a lot of toys like me and Kaiser." Bear said.

Vinnie nodded, pride filling his heart at how much the two oldest children cared so much about their baby sister.

He let Bear and Kaiser each pick a "present out for her." They walked up to the checkout, finished their shopping trip, and went home.