chapter four

Just as Aaliyah had said, the night was filled with Carson pounding on the door after his shift. It was now 4AM and Vinnie was filled with rage at the fact that his kids were awake and his girlfriend was panicking and had been since he started knocking. He checked the security cameras to see that he was still there, sitting outside of the front door.

"Babe just call the cops on him." Aaliyah said.

"They're not going to do anything. They'll ask him to leave and as soon as they're gone he'll come back and start his shit again." Vinnie grumbled.

The house went quiet and it stayed like that for awhile. The kids had ended up falling asleep and Aaliyah was drifting to sleep. Vinnie stayed up to keep his family safe.

Just as Aaliyah had finally fallen asleep the pounding on the door started again and the kids and her woke up.

"I've fucking had it." Vinnie said, opening his dresser drawer, grabbing his gun and putting it in the waistband in his pants. He didn't intend to use it unless he had too.

He walked down the stairs, ready to end this bullshit. He ignored Aaliyah's pleas for him to stop but he didn't listen.

"Can I fucking help you asshole?" Vinnie asked as soon as he opened the door.

"Where's Aaliyah? I want to talk to her." Carson said, looking over his shoulder only for her not be there.

"I don't give a fuck what you want. Get off my property." Vinnie said, shoving him back when he started to walk in the house.

Carson was a tiny guy, not much taller than Aaliyah who was only 5'1. Vinnie was 6 foot, towering over the both of them.

"I just want to talk to her." Carson argued, trying again to get around Vinnie.

This time Vinnie got angrier, picking him up by the collar of his shirt and walking down the steps with him. Slamming Carson's body against the side of his car, he let go of his shirt.

"Get your ass in the car and leave my house. If you ever show up here again, I'm going to fucking kill you, do we understand each other?" Vinnie asked.

"Yeah, no problem man." Carson nodded, getting in his car and driving off.

——

"We're moving." Vinnie said, closing the bedroom door after coming back inside and making sure everything was locked.

"What? Why?" Aaliyah asked as she sat up.

"Because, he knows where we live now. He may have agreed to never come back but when he gets angry that I wouldn't let him talk to you, he'll come back." Vinnie said, crawling into bed with his family.

The kids had fell asleep while he was dealing with Carson, and Aaliyah was falling back to sleep quickly.

Vinnie couldn't help but let his eyes flutter, letting his eyes close for the first time that night. Quickly, he was relaxed and falling to sleep quickly at the sound of absolute silence.