You never saw me

As the group sat down together that evening they gradually got back into the old closeness .
"Let's play what do you know," Tae said
"What's that?"
"We put our names in a hat and each person takes one out, also in there two pass notes, when they open it they have to tell us two things about the person whose name is on there that they are scared of or won't do, a pass means you can nominate someone."
A hat was set up and all the names put in, Tae started, "j hope, ah this is easy Hobi hates bugs and.....rollercoasters!"
"True..., my turn...Rm...., hmmm did I remember something about elephants? And nothing else?"
RM laughed," ok ,my turn,oh look pass! I nominate..... Jungkook,"
Jungkook took one from the hat.
"Er Jimin,hmmmm er Um , really er....."
"I know !!! I know" Jin said.
"Go on then," Jungkook said sure he wouldn't know anything.
"Jimin hates heights and butterflies!"
"Your correct,is it my turn?"
Jimin took a slip of paper," oh Jungkook, easy microwaves and he won't ever say he loves someone first."
Jungkook looked in surprise at the other," that's right!"
The night wore on but Jimin was really tired and stood up," sorry guys but I need sleep," they all nodded and said goodnight.
Jimin disappeared and the others chatted.
"Well I'll say it as nobody else has, somethings up with Jimin."
"What do you mean?" Jungkook asked
"Well the old Jimin would have ranted at you for not knowing easy things about him for starters" Jin said.
"Oh come on, how should I know those things?"
"We did,"
Jungkook looked around, they all nodded.
"He's also not as touchy as he was, he'd always give hugs," Hobi said.
"Well that doesn't mean much, surely? I'm glad he's not."
"Jungkook, we have been together for years, Jimin has always been someone who likes and almost needs physical contact, he always ran around making sure we all were taken care of and he's always been recognised for his charm." RM said
"Maybe he just needs to settle back into the real world again?" Tae suggested.
"Mmm, I'm off to bed anyway see you all in the morning."Jungkook said.
He made his way to his room, Jimin was coming out of his room dressed only in shorts and a t shirt held against him on one side. Jungkook couldn't miss how sexy but slim the other looked or the fact that on his rib area he had a tattoo saying "Never Mind'.
"Nice tattoo, is there a reason for those words?"
"Er...., just a reminder to myself that things don't matter as much as I think they do ."
"Oh ..., I think we are the only ones who have ink....., er I'm sorry I couldn't answer those things about you earlier....,"
"That's ok, I knew you wouldn't be able to, er excuse me I'm just going to get some water,"
Jimin went to walk away but Jungkook gripped his arm," what do you mean you knew?"
"Because Kookie er Jungkook all those years together...., you never saw me.....,I was always the one who only just made it into the group, the one who wasn't the right type....,you used to be annoyed by me ,pushing me away....., so of course you know nothing about me."
Jimin walked off leaving behind a stunned Jungkook, had he really been that ignorant?
It took a long time for him to get to sleep that night and when he did it was to have strange dreams where he had Jimin in his bed holding his hands above his head and just about to fuck him when he woke up , Damn that had seemed real!
He groggily went downstairs, Jimins door was open but the room was empty. He went to the kitchen the others were up but not very awake,
"We look like we had a heavy night out!" Jin laughed
"Where's Jimin?"
"He's gone to practice,"
"What already?"
"Let him be, he's finding it hard to slip back into this," RM said.
"Hey......, do you all think I treated Jimin differently to you?" Jungkook asked
"You could be a bit harsh around him, whenever he tried to show affection you pushed him away, you even told him to lose weight when it was just puppyfat, you should have known he had issues about his figure when they told him he wasn't the right type for the group, do you know how many extra hours he trained so he would look better?" Jin asked.
Jungkook had the grace to look ashamed, he hadn't seen the others struggles, it's true he had pushed him away but he wasn't used to male on male affection and got embarrassed, he could even remember feeling turned on by watching Jimin dance, but he wasn't going to let the others know that.
As they continued with their breakfast a buzz sounded at the dorm door, Hobi answered shocked to see security helping a visibly unsteady Jimin in.
They walked past the others and took Jimin to his room before they left one spoke to RM who nodded.
"Jin come with me,"
The pair went off to Jimins room and half an hour later they came back.
"Let Jimin rest guys he's not well."
Jin said nothing but looked shocked.
"I'll just take this juice into him," he said quietly.
Jungkook wondered what was up, he made his way to his room but saw Jimins door slightly open and heard Jin talking.
"Jimin it's ok , we can report it if you want but you shouldn't have trained like that with those bruises, I'm so sorry we weren't there for you."
"Jin........., don't get upset, I knew I'd probably be treated bad, I'm not going to deny who I am for anyone so to be the section faggot as they called me came with consequences, this was their goodbye gift."
"They are fucking animals!Jimin....they.....didn't do anything else to you?"
"No Jin they didn't rape me."
Jungkook was stunned at what he was hearing, unlike the rest of them the military had not done Jimin any favours. He quickly went into his room as he heard Jin talk,
"I'll go now, sleep, rest up text if you want anything."
"I'll sleep for a bit but will get up later, just say it's exhaustion if anyone asks they don't need to worry, it's all done with now."
Jin came out and walked away, Jungkook leaned on his door angry at what he had heard and determined he would make his peace with Jimin and get to know him better, not ignore him .
It was lunchtime and a just woken Jimin came into the dining area.
"Sorry for being a sloth guys not a good impression in my second day back," he said smiling.
RM and Jin kept quiet, Tae about to ask a question was interrupted by Jungkook.
"You better sit down quick Jimin and eat before these pigs gorge themselves," he pulled a chair out next to him and a surprised Jimin sat down.
"Er thanks Kookie I mean Jungkook."
"Hey Kookies fine it's friendlier"
"Kookie, pass the kimchi," Tae said.
Jungkook did as asked but spoke," only Jimins allowed to call me that ok?"
Jimin smiled feeling a warm glow inside himself at Kookies words, his smile didn't go unnoticed by Jungkook who looked a bit mesmerised by it before he tore his gaze away.
"I don't know about you guys but I can't wait for my hair to grow a bit," Tae muttered.
"Mmmm, I don't feel so world wide handsome like this," Jin agreed.
"Jimin suits any hairstyle but when it's this shirt he looks like a kid." Suga laughed
"I'm glad you didn't say little kid," Jimin laughed.
"Cute," Jungkook mumbled to himself.
Jimin started collecting the dishes to wash up, Tae came up behind him hugging him," ah mini mums back!" He let go carrying some things into the kitchen, Jungkook had heard Jimins quick intake of breath in being hugged and guessed Jimins bruising was on that side, he jumped up grabbing the things in Jimins hands.
"I'll do it as punishment for failing the game earlier go sit down,"
Jimin took a breath and nodded, sitting in a single chair so nobody could lean on him. He pasted a smile on his face then watched the news on the tv not realising he was drifting off to sleep again.
Jungkook came into the room seeing Jimin sitting uncomfortably, he quickly picked him up and sat with him on the sofa, leaning him against him and covering him with a throw, he noticed how Jimin cuddled against him in his sleep and for some reason it felt familiar. The others came in looking amused at what they saw.
"What?Jungkook asked
"Nothing it's nice your letting Jimin close you never used to."
"Well he fell asleep on me no point in moving him."
"It's fine Jungkook, it's good to see you've grown up a bit."
Jungkook kept quiet, he felt Jimins small hands against his chest gripping his top as if in need of comfort,again he got that deja vu feeling but he didn't know why, so he sat there enjoying the comfort he gave to the small boy.
An hour later Jimin woke up, his puzzled eyes took in where he was,
"Oh sorry Kookie," he mumbled trying to sit up in a hurry.
"Hey it's fine,"
Jimin was puzzled ," I could have sworn I was in that chair?"He looked to see Suga sitting there.
"Nope you were here when we came in,"
"Oh right, we'll sorry for leaning all over you I know you don't like me doing that."
"No worries Jimin I don't mind at all I've grown out of that childish attitude,stay where you are,"
He held Jimins small hand keeping him in place and after a few minutes Jimin gave his blinding smile and sat comfortably .
Jungkook felt his heart stutter looking at him, he didn't know what it was but Park Jimin was definitely having some effect on him.