6. Starry Skies & Teary eyes

We had just finished piling into the car when my mom sped off to Denver.
Token, Tweek, and Craig were all talking about what they were going to do in Denver while Craig geeked out about the convention. I sighed as I stared out the window.

"What are you thinking about?" My mom asked glancing at me before turning her gaze back to the road.
"You know what," I grumbled.

"I'm sorry I did the best that I could." She let out a defeated sigh. "Yeah? Well, it's total fucking bullshit!" I shouted as the car grew quiet.

"I know they shouldn't have done that to you." She placed her hand on top of mine which I shrugged off. "They can't just not let me talk to her! One fucking phone call! That's it that's all I want, but no! Because they're fucking cunts!"

"Watch your damn mouth!" She shouted as she slapped me upside the head." I get it alright? We're going to fight this. So it'll be fine."

"And if it's not? What if they're abusive then what huh?" I argued with my worries. " Trust me Ken-ken. She's going to be just fine. Now we're almost there."  She smiled as she turned right, heading down the city's bustling downtown.

"Yo," I spoke to the guys in the back, turning towards them when I heard a hum of acknowledgment. "There's a cafe down the street from this place, you guys can wait there or go somewhere just text me where you went, cause you can't stay in the car," I told them boredly.

"I wanna go t-to that cafe!" Tweek piped in, excitement very apparent. "I don't mind waiting in the cafe." Token said with a shrug.

"Whatever is fine," Craig said as we pulled out the front of the office. After everyone clambered out we all went our separate ways.

I slowly walked my way through the halls past the reception desk. the smell of Lysol and Febreze wafted around the halls as I approached the door.

After a light knock on the door, I sighed, preparing to pour my heart out to the man on the other side.

The door opened to reveal the man who held a gentle smile.

"It's been a while, Kenny. Come in."

______________________________________

Craig's point of view

After about an hour Tweek had managed to drink about eleven types of coffee at the cafe when Ken decided to finally save the boy from a heart attack.

"Hey, uh- sorry it took so long." Ken stammered with his head tilted away. Taking a look at the boy, he seemed upset about something, the way he was fidgeting with his hands seemed to give away the fact he was trying to hide it.

I seemed to start noticing the little things that Ken did when he was upset- which seemed to be always. I first took notice of these things when he started hanging around Tweek. He would rip at the strings of his hoodies whenever he was nervous, or clench his fists when he saw Cartman and his friends.

He was always so quiet or fidgety, he reminded me of Tweek when we were younger. He stood so casually while talking to Tweek with a smile, that seemed so forced.

His eyes were slightly red, as well as his cheeks and nose, while he stood ripping at his hoodie strings. I didn't realize I was staring till he locked eyes with me.

He continued to stare as he talked with Tweek until I broke the sharp eye contact by standing up. "O-okay! Can we go now; I want to see that astronomy convention." I stammered.

"Alright boss, let's go then" ken said with a boyish smile, a real smile.

another short chapter but more will come im working on the next chapter, thanks for reading loves <3

I Hate This Stupid TownOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara