~14~

"Mila! Layla!" Manal shouted and the maids ran to the pool to see what's happening. "Go get some towels" Manal ordered as she made her way to the swimming pool. She helped Mila up and did the same to Layla.
The maids brought the towels and the two covered themselves.

"Care to explain what happened?" she asked, glaring at them when she's sure they are all okay. "Why don't your sister in law here tell you the whole story" Mila said and Layla smirked at her. "You're not kids, hope you know that?" Manal asked
Nobody replied.

"Stop acting like kids for goodness sake! I believe you are matured and has passed that level already" Manal lectured. "Why don't you save your time and stop all this? Instead go and tell your sister in law to be careful with me. I'm not trying to get her husband to be or anything, I don't want to fight with her, but then I'm not going to take it when someone is questioning my self respect and sanity. She can have Jawad all to herself, meanwhile, she should back off and leave me alone" Mila said, glaring at the both of them before leaving the garden.

"Mila!" she heard Manal call but didn't wait even for a second before finding her keys and driving herself home. She may do something to that Layla of a girl if she's at all going to stay there.

The nerve she got in saying she's trying to snatch Jawad. Gosh! She'll never fight over someone, and the girl meant that by saying what she said,which angered her all the way more.

With a frustrated sigh, she hit the road and made her way home.

She can't believe this Layla is soon going to be her sister in law, she's sure they are never going to get along. At least not in this lifetime or the next.

~

"I'm not ready to listen to any of your lectures!" Mila said immediately Manal came into the room. Why does she have to follow her for Allah's sake? She left because she's simply not in the mood.

"I'm not here for any lecture as well, so be happy" Manal replied her as she dropped her bag on the bean bag and setting herself on the second one, while Mila watched her from the third one. "What are you here for then?" Mila asked raising a brow. "Geez Mila, that's super rude" Manal glared and Mila gave him a blank look.

"Okay, Got the feeling that you are hiding something from me" Manal sighed. "And you came all the way here to ask me what it id?" she asked. "Yes and maybe partially with what happened earlier" she answered.

"It wasn't my fault, she started the fight, accused me and also slapped me" Mila said rolling her eyes. "She did that?" Manal asked horrified. "Of course" Mila replied. "She's the wrong one here!" she added. "She's the wrong one, but you weren't right either, you shouldn't have listened to her. She's a lunatic and you're not" Manal said.

"I only dragged her with me, if she hadn't tried to push me In the pool, none of such could have happened actually" Mila said and Manal only shook her head with a sigh.
"Fine, let's stop talking about that" she said and Mila nodded whilst muttering 'better'

"So....tell me what you are hiding" Manal said and Mila's expression suddenly changed. "Okay!! don't get angry okay....I only didn't tell you because you were happy and I don't want to spoil that" Mila said defensively.
"Okay"

"So....I actually had a discussion with Abu and Ummii, Daada wants me to marry the oldest Kangirmo" she said.
"Wait....... what??????? Layla's brother? Is this real???" Manal asked. "Yes" Mila replied her. "So....what are you gonna do?" Manal asked after a while. "Nothing" she replied.

"Don't tell me you agreed to marrying that jerk's brother" Manal said with disbelief. "My parents made me give them my words, I can't go back, it'll be disrespectful, I'll just pray for the best and inshallah everything will work out" Mila said assuring Manal.
How she wish she could assure herself that way.