Pain

Elijah's POV:
I am downstairs on the hotel lawn. I can hardly breathe and I can hardly think straight. It's exhausting just existing in my brain. The voices in my head have a never-ending argument. Half of them urging to apologize to Jade and half cursed my presence around her. I finally decided that I need to talk to her. She is right. She is always right.

I make my way to the hotel room and saw her sleeping on the other side of the bed peacefully. The poor soul must be exhausted. She looked ravishing today and I failed to tell her that. She must've come here with high hopes and purest intentions and I ruined them mercilessly. Why am I like this? Why did I crush her heart? 

I quiet my thoughts and remove my tie and coat and lay down on the other side of the bed. I have to make it up to her. I have to tell her how I feel.

I groaned at daylight at 6 in the morning but I was warmed by the presence of Jade who was much closer to me than she was before. She must've subconsciously crept near me. I carefully place her down from my body and I go out to complete whatever task is left in Mystic Falls and I have to take her home. I have to fix this.

I come to the hotel at 11 and I hear her throwing up in the bathroom. I rush to her side and hold her. She coughs and reluctantly holds my hand for standing up.

"Are you okay?" I ask but she doesn't reply, she just walks out of the bathroom and drinks water.

"Am I getting the silent treatment then?" I asked.

"Be thankful I am not giving you the violent treatment," She says and coughs again.

"Jade, you know I care a lot about you. Lately, I have been having a hard time with my thoughts and I just need some time," I sincerely looked into her eyes and her look softened. She just sighed and nodded.

"Will you tell me what's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing's wrong. I was just drinking a homemade cure my mother used when she didn't get her period on time," She said.

"Oh my god. Are you---" I say but She cut me off after saying this.

"No, I am not pregnant. I double-checked," She said.

"It's probably because of stress," She said and went to the other side of the room to pick up some clothes.

"Stress? Of what?" I asked and by her sarcastic look, I regretted that question.

"Walked right into that one, Didn't I ?" I mumbled.

She changed her clothes and Klaus came to pick us up since I said that he can handle the rest of the business alone. He said he'd pick us up and take us to New Orleans.

We got in the car. I was driving and Klaus and Jade were in the back. Jade rested her head on Klaus's shoulder and slept while listening to Taylor swift as it was a long drive. I knew that the bond they had was pure but I still managed to feel a pinch of envy.

We finally reach New Orleans and Jade went straight to her apartment. I could see that she didn't want to talk to anybody.

Jade's POV:

I was just reading a book. Well, pretending to read a book while thinking about him. With a copy of  'It ends with us' in my hand  I stared at the dusty window while it was raining.

I suddenly hear a knock on my door and I open it to see a soaked Elijah. I was confused and shocked to see the sight.

His body peeping at me through his wet clothes and his hair tossed to a side while wet took me aback. I immediately called him in.

"I have to say something," He said.

"Really? I wouldn't have guessed," I mumbled and he shook his head slightly at my jokes with a slight smirk.

I was stern in my look but I was shaking inside. Is this it? Is this how we'll end? Is this the last paragraph of our story? I was terrified to let go. I hold back my tears and look at the floor.

"I am so sorry," His voice broke and I immediately looked at him with teary eyes.

"Sorry for what?" My trembling voice made its way to his ears.

"Everything. I was so caught up in my head that I just pushed you away," He said.

"It made me realize that I obviously love you way more than you love me, Elijah. I am tired of losing to your family. I get that you're family is important but I also want to be someone's priority. All my life, I have just been a burden to everyone. I want to be someone's first choice. If you can't give me that, then maybe 'us' is not a good idea," I managed to get words out of my mouth before tears came racing down my cheeks. He gave me a pleading look and came dangerously close. I felt his warm breath on me and shivered. He smelled of petrichor and that signature Elijah scent. He cupped my face and said in his warm velvety voice.

"I can never let you go. I give you my word that you are my priority now, Jade. While I can never forgive myself for making you feel like that, I can't help but wish that you forgive me. I will spend my entire life making up for that and showing you how much you mean to me. How much you have influenced my life. I was caught up in  never-ending gloom and you were my daylight and you always will be. You don'tknow how incrediblysorry I am. I am ready to face my nightmares with you, I am ready to tackle every obstacle with you. I am ready to do this .... with you," He said and I was a crying mess by now.

"Promise that you will never leave me," I whispered with my face in his hands. He kissed my forehead and whispered in my ear while I buried my head in his chest, "You have my word."