Slow and steady wins the race

"Do you like the view?" Elijah asked me while I was looking out the window.

"Do I like it? I love it, honey!" I said giggling and hopping.

Elijah's POV:

I am just admiring the liveliness of the group. I have nothing better to do but it fills my heart with joy when I see her smile. Her laugh is like a tune to which I wanna dance forever. Sometimes, we just need to be young and free. The next day, we went to the beach. I am seeingJade in her swimwear and she is looking so hot. Her brown locks swept on her shoulders and her perfect body splashed in the sea.

Jade's POV:

Oh my fucking god! Elijah is wearing his swimwear and god his abs!!! Wow. His muscles are driving me crazy. He comes near me with two drinks in his hands and we are just chilling. Penelope comes near Elijah.

"Ooh! it's getting hot in here." She says looking over to Elijah which makes me burn. That bitch. Elijah glances at her but ignores her.

"So Elijah! what are you doing tonight?" She says in a flirtatious manner running her fingers over his biceps.

"ME! He is doing me tonight. Why? What do you want?" I say which makes Elijah chuckle and the whole group hoots. She rolls her eyes and goes away.

Elijah looks at me and I turn red. I am trying to hold a smile but I fail eventually.

"What was that?" He said in a low voice teasing me.

"I am not used to sharing what's MINE," I said which made him kiss me with all his passion.

After lunch, I send Eliana to keep Elijah preoccupied.

Elijah's POV:

"Hey, Elijah! Can I get some advice?"

"Sure, Eliana."

"You see, Theo is doing something bad behind Jade's back."

"What do you mean?"

"I think he is sleeping with  Penelope."

"What!?"

"Ya. Should I tell her? Laura told me."

"But why do Penelope and Jade hate  each other so much?"

"Jade once lied to her dad to go to a high school party with us and Penelope ratted her out. That night was horrifying. He hit her so much that Jade couldn't even walk the next day. You know, she never got a chance to enjoy her life. I am so glad she came with us now."

On hearing those words, I realize why this trip was so important for her. She's been living in her father's fear all her life and it's time for her to be free. Eliana drags me suddenly outside to see a whole floor decorated with roses and candles. They were spread in the shape of large hearts. I look up to see Jade holding a board that said, "Will you be my prom date?" which made me smile. I was used to expressing my romantic gestures to a girl like that but no one has ever done that for me in return. I was stunned and warmed by this expression.

"Yes," I said giggling. I rushed over and lifted her in my arms. I kissed her with all my love.

"Yay! hehe," Jade said and hugged me so tightly.

She looked at me lovingly.

She got ready for the prom that night and was looking magnificent.

"You look stunning," I said which made her squeal and I giggled at that.

"You look devastatingly handsome." She said which made my heart flutter.

"Oh btw, Nobody is sleeping with Penelope. That was just a made-up story to hold you up." She said which made me chuckle.

Jade's POV:

We arrived at the venue and everything was so beautiful. I am so excited right now. I have a really hot date, a nice dress. I am in heaven right now.

"You look so hot, dude." Theo approached and high-fived me.

"So do you," I said and hugged him.

"May I have this dance?" Elijah interrupted. My face lit up and I nodded.

We slowly went on the dance floor and danced to the song 'thousand years.'

"This is the best day ever," I whispered.

"I never thought I'd make it till here."

"Listen, I am sorry if lately, I've been a little overprotective. I was just a little paranoid---"

"I understand. I do. I've listened to enough murder mikaelson bedtime stories from Rebekah. I was just feeling a little restricted. I always felt that I will go far away from home when I'll finish college. And then I got married."

"Do you regret it?"

"Regret what?" I asked.

"Us."

"Of course not. I mean I've never been with someone before. I would prefer it a little if we started as girlfriend and boyfriend first. But my father could've given me away to anyone. A hundred times worse than anyone. It was my luck that you were my husband and I can't thank destiny enough for making you, my husband. I mean I would never get that dream proposal or the dream wedding but I am grateful for what I have right now."

"I am also glad you're my wife. You're perfect for me. You're beautiful, smart, and funny. And I wanted to tell you something but you don't have to say it back just because we're married---" Elijah said.

"I love you too." I interrupted him. A smile appeared on his face and he kissed me.

"Btw, what do you mean by dream wedding or dream proposal?"

"You know, the proposal. I always dreamed of someone proposing to me with candles and roses and music and everything. And you know that big princess wedding dress. He would tear up when I walk down the aisle. I just wanted it to be special. I wanted Eliana to be my maid of honor and my niece to be the flower girl. A cute baby boy walking the aisle before me wearing a board that says, 'There is still time, run away.' And a bachelorette party. I didn't just want a wedding. I wanted a marriage."

"We don't have to stay married if you don't want to." He said which makes my eyes widen.

"Really?" I whisper yelled with teary eyes and a faint smile.

"Yes." He said.

"Thank you, you're the best. I love you." 

"I love you too, Jade." He said before kissing me with all his love.

After spending the perfect vacation. I had made nice money from my solo exhibition. Elijah and I got divorced but we still dated. Dad was no longer the leader of the human faction. Our friends were perplexed but we were happy. I moved in with Eliana. My sister and her daughter visited us sometimes. Adele, who was my niece was already impressed by Elijah. She called him uncle and Elijah also loved her.