Trapped

Third-person POV:

Jade was a free-minded girl. She was cute, sexy, funny, savage, tough, and quirky. She was incredibly talented and had dreams and ambitions. She was just about to graduate from college. She was smart and skipped a class or two and was still 19. She wanted to be an artist. She was the daughter of Edward Hildegard who was the leader of the human faction in New Orleans. Her father was a very conservative and orthodox person. Her sister and she possessed a very peculiar genetic component that made Edward think that they were 'defected.' Her sister eloped and married to a vampire and lived in Pasadena. She had one daughter. She could bear the children of vampires. That was the particular gene defect. She married for love and Edward shunned her from the family. He disowned her and forbade Jade to meet her too. A few years back, when jade was 9 years old, her mother was in an accident and died. Jade just returned home in hunt of a nice college to pursue her further studies. Edward was very greedy and thought that a girl is just meant to be someone's wife. If Jade did not have scholarships and her mother Carlene, she would've never managed to come so far. She was in her room and her Father called her downstairs. She had a brother named Andrew but they were not very close as he was always away. He was a genius and colleges and schools were lining up for him. Jade always felt overshadowed but she was never really bothered by it now. She was wearing an oversized shirt and black pajamas. She let her slightly damp brown hair down.

"Jade! dinner's ready!" Edward called.

"Coming dad." She said and walked down the stairs and saw her father talking to a blonde tall gentleman with a British accent. She walked up to them and the man noticed her.

"Hello love," He said.

"Hi" She responded politely.

"Honey, this is Klaus Mikaelson. He is the king of our city and the wealthiest man in whole America." Edward explained and chuckled.

"Nice to meet you," she said. Edward instructed her to sit in front of them. She inspected that something was wrong.

"Honey, you have completed college and you are grown to be an acceptable woman. You should be taught to complete and fulfill your duties as a young woman. For the sake of this city's safety and peace. You will have to marry Mr. Mikaelson." Her eyes widened at this comment. Her soul left her body and the world stopped.

"WHAT!? NO! I AM NOT MARRYING ANYONE, ESPECIALLY NOT THIS GUY." She yelled and got up from the sofa.

"No not this Mikaelson. He has a brother named Elijah Mikaelson." Edward said.

"LIKE I FUCKING CARE!? I am not marrying ANYONE." She said and tried to storm out but Edward held her wrist from back and pressed it so tightly. Jade tried not to whimper.

"Mr. Mikaelson, I apologize for Jade's behavior. Would you please give a moment alone with my dearest daughter?" He said.

"You better tame her. I will go fetch Elijah." He said and left.

Edward turned to Jade and held a vase in the other hand and banged it on her head. He tightened his grip on her wrist and yelled out, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Jade was whimpering and trembling under his grip.

"I am not marrying ANYONE. Especially someone who is a vampire and AN ORIGINAL." She said. That made Edward angrier and he slapped her cheek as hard as he could leaving a slight handprint on her face and threw her to the ground. He kicked her multiple times at her abdomen. Jade whimpered and screamed. Her face was filled with tears.

"Brenda! Get her dressed. It's her engagement tonight." He instructed the house lady.

She helped Jade get on her feet and took her to her room. She took a look in the mirror and her body was still aching from the little taming session. She wiped her tears and started getting ready. She knew that any rebellion could only make things worse. She let her hair down and dried it. Brenda curled it a little bit and put a golden hair clip in it.