Cold

"Jade, May I know what are you doing here?" Elijah asked me with a stern voice that broke me inside.

"Get off of me," I said gritting my teeth while jerking my arm from his grip. He let go immediately.

"Elijah, I came here so we could fix this !," I exclaimed.

"Fix what?" He asked.

"Us!" I said which made his eyes teary.

"What happened why are you so--?"

"Why am I what?"

"So cold," I said in a shaky voice which made his stern look furious and exasperated.

"Jade, are you even aware of how dangerous of a situation you were in tonight? You were the only human in a hall full of vampires and you pick a ridiculous fight with two heretics. Those two heretics are most important in the mission that I am here to do. They are the only ones to know who threatened Ivy and how could you barge in here without thinking?" His voice was dipped in frustration, but the volume was calm, making me shiver inside.

"You know what? You've been so cold with me lately! And I am sorry to think that I could fix that. I am sorry for believing in this relationship! I am so sorry to try and talk to you!" I yelled while pacing around the room in frustration.

"I apologized," He replied but was interrupted.

"Apology? Elijah, do you think a fancy piece of jewelry or a fucking bouquet of roses is gonna fix everything between us?" I yelled.

"I did not want to put your life in harm's way," He explained.

"And I wanted to have a nice evening tonight. Looks like we both got disappointed!"

"Why were you so worried about me?" Elijah calms down and asks me.

"I was worried that maybe you've started having those horrible nightmares again. The red door dreams and due to that, you were pushing yourself away from me." I said but it only seem to infuriate him even further.

"So you think I'm a flight risk?" He sounded offended which frustrated me to a high extent.

"I think you're an idiot," I said and stormed out of the room until I  found myself in the empty but well-lit backyard sitting on a bench. I took deep breaths and tried to calm myself. I found my way into the bar chugging down a glass of champagne.

"Tough night?" I heard a deep, pleasant and soothing voice of a woman.

"Ya think?" I said with a weak smile. She giggled and introduced herself.

"Bonnie Bennet."

"Jade Hildegard, "I extended my hand but instead of shaking it, she kissed the back and I smiled politely.

"Why don't we dance to make you feel better?" She asked.

"You know? That's not a bad idea." I smirked and we went to the dance floor I saw Elijah staring from the corner of my eye.

The song 'Boyfriend' by Dove Cameron started playing and Caroline winked at me from the bank.

"Thank you," I whispered to the gorgeous dark-skinned woman dancing with me.

"Oh, my pleasure. I got Caroline's text that she wanted me to dance with you to make Mr.Black and White jealous and when I saw how beautiful you are, I thought to myself, isn't he lucky?" She said while spinning me.

"Ya, I told Caroline to send someone in case things don't go well," I confessed and we danced.

She hugged me and left. I exhausted myself both physically and mentally and just wanted rest. After a while, I saw Elijah taking a slip from the rude redhead and he walked her to the door. Everyone began to leave until there were just me, Elijah and scooby do gang left. Caroline and others greeted me and left.

"It's cold. Let's go to a hotel," Elijah said while looking at the floor.

"I can take care of myself," I said and marched towards his car.

"I beg to differ," He mumbled and opened the car door for me. I rolled my eyes and we drove to the nearest hotel. We went to the reception.

"We would like two rooms, please." He handed his credit card to the lady.

"I can pay for my own damn room," I said while handing the lady my credit card.

"I am sorry to disappoint you but the only thing available is our king deluxe suite for 1400 dollars," She told.

"Of course!" I mumbled in frustration.

"We'll take that," Elijah said and paid his half because I strongly protested to pay.

I took my bags and placed them in the room. It had a balcony, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a huge bedroom. I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I spent hours picking this outfit so he would like it. Even I thought I looked beautiful. I sighed and changed anyway to my fuzzy night dress, removed my makeup, and put my hair in a bun. I go outside and Elijah wasn't there. I order room service and have dinner.