Chapter-24: Fine.

Start from the beginning

"I can't believe that we'll be parting our ways in less than a week" Zainab says in a low voice, scanning the menu.

"Don't make it sound like that" Amina continues with a groan. "More like we'll be starting a new phase of our lives" she suggests with a raised eyebrow.

"Corny" I comment and her face twists in a full blown smile "You are the one to say that considering you are the one married to a person who cannot seem to forget you even for a second" she gestures towards my phone where I have atleast received ten texts since we arrived here.

"You are just jealous" Zainab states with an eye roll.

"Of course I am, who wouldn't be when they see all these cute and loving gestures of Adam" she sighs dreamily.

"Don't worry, who knows you would become lucky in Denmark?" I suggest wiggling my eyebrows suggestively.

She smiles that wide smile of her's, "InshaAllah" she says pointedly and continues to tell us all about her preparations for moving to a complete other place and how she has never been this excited in her entire life.

Her family has been planning to move there for months now and she has already seen many colleges there where she will attain higher education.

Zainab has gotten lucky with being selected as the assistant software manager in a small town which is an hour drive from here where she'll be moving soon after our graduation.

It is actually good to see how far all of us have come from being newbies in this college to being graduated in two weeks.

If anyone would've come to me a few months back and told me that I would be married by now, I would have probably told them to go find a better hobby than to build impossible ideas, but here I am deeply in love and lawfully wedded to person, with whom I'm willing to spend an eternity and the hereafter.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

I knock on Usman's door as I open it a second later to see him drying his hair with the towel around his neck, freshly showered and dressed in blue tshirt and joggers.

He raises his eyebrows as he stares at me "What is the point of knocking when you are anyway going to open the door without waiting for any response?" He asks with a bored face.

I shrug not bothering to reply as I plop down on the couch near the dresser.

"Why are you here by the way?" He asks with the same expression as he looks down at me.

"Walaikumassalam brother, I'm doing really fine, thankyou and how are you?" I mock with the fakest smile ever on my face.

"I wonder how Adam handles you"

"I wonder how Maryam is going to tolerate you" I retort with a sly smile as his face turns the slightest bit of red at the mention of Maryam's name.

"Look at the lover boy AKA the soon to be groom" I tease him, pulling his cheeks to add on to his annoyance.

He shoves my hands away and glares at me hard "Stop" he warns as he takes threatening step towards me.

"And if not" I raise a challenging brow as I prepare for a run.

He takes another step towards me as I trip him and he falls face first onto the couch. I run, laughing at Usman's grunts and threats as he comes out to chase me.

I run into a chest and Adam looks down at me with an amused look on his face "You are such an evil thing, aren't you?" he chuckles and before I could stare more at his beautiful face I hear Usman's hurried footsteps coming towards me.

"Save me" I hiss as I try to hide behind Adam. Usman stands right in front of Adam and glares at me as I peep out from behind Adam's shoulder.

"We've married her off to you for many reasons Adam and one of them includes to not bring her here to annoy the hell out me" he directs his gaze towards Adam.

"Hey that's rude" I huff as I stand next to Adam.

"Yeah and what you did to me back there was such a kind gesture, wasn't it?" He narrows his eyes accusingly.

"You are the one who started it"

"How so?" He asks placing both of his hands on his hips.

"I wonder how Adam handles you" I mock his own words and his face morphs into a smirk.

"Well, I don't think I stated anything but facts there, right Adam?" He asks looking back at Adam.

This cunning devious piece on earth.

I look at Adam, both me and Usman waiting for his response. Adam looks at me and grins.

Seriously??!!! Grin??!!

He then looks back at Usman and scratches the back of his neck "I don't know what exactly you guys want me to respond with" he says unsurely.

I narrow my eyes at him and Usman laughs loudly as he goes to the living room, patting Adam's shoulder "Deal with it man" he calls out.

"What, you guys are buddies now?" I ask as I fold my hands on my chest.

He burst out laughing and pulls me towards him holding my folded hands.

"You are seriously worried about me becoming friends with your brother?" He asks incredulously.

"No, I'm bothered by both of you teaming up on me" I answer still annoyed at his amused face.

"And here I was thinking you would be upset about not defending you infront of your brother" he says with a sigh.

"Who says that I'm not upset?" I ask in a fake displeased look.

"You are not" he declares as though he knows me in and out, which he does, but am I going to admit it to him? Probably not.

"Do you struggle much in handling me?" I ask, actually curious to know his answer.

He chuckles lightly and encircles both of his hands around my waist "Sweetheart, if anything, then I should be the one asking that question to you because only Allah know how pathetically I'm dependent on you."

My heart swells at his words and how damn much I feel the same way about him.

。⁠♡------------------ ♡⁠。

Alhamdulillah!!💕

JazakAllahu Khairan Kaseera🤍

Don't forget to hit the star button below🔻🔻🔻

Assalamualaikum until next time inshaAllah💖

~~ Safiya❣️