Chapter 12 Slave boy

Start from the beginning

 Then Anna's sharp eyes noticed something, Selene was putting her whole weight on her left leg and was trying to maintain a straight face. Narrowing her eyes Anna quickly turned Selene around to see a 3 inch wound on her right calf.

"How .exactly. did. this happen milady?" Anna asked turning Selene again.

"Well, I had a moment of carelessness and at that moment I got scratched."

"Scratch?! You call this a scratch?"

"Well I don't think this is that serious..." Selene had gotten wounds ten times more serious than this one so she had no reason to panic.

"Nuh-uh I ain't listening to that, milady will not go out without any supervision from now on and if milady does, no more massage baths or desserts."

And that's how Selene ended up bringing along Anna with her on her first visit to the market. of course this trip was not known to the duke, since there was 90% chance he would not allow her to go without any guards. They had even worn hoods so that no one recognizes them as they walked through the market.

"Milady can you tell me the reason why we are here once again?"

"I told you to earn money." Selene replied.

"But why?"

"Simple I wanna get rich."

"But isn't milady already rich?" Anna asked, after all if she wanted money she could always ask her father the duke.

"You will get it later." Selene said.

The street of the market was quite lively with people running around everywhere and carriages passing them every once in a while. Dozens of vendors lined up the street sides selling different things from fruits and vegetables to attractive trinkets at cheap price. Selene who had brought the pocket money she had saved last few months bought some snacks to try while walking. They had to walk for a while since their destination was not in the main market. Which they reached after a 5 minute walk.

The market is divided into three parts the part which contains the daily necessities, the part which contains the tourist attractions, small cafes etc. and the luxurious part . Of course the place where Selene could sell her mana stones belonged to the luxurious part since commoners couldn't afford them.

The shop which was recommended by the people they consulted was located in a secluded part of the luxury street. They turned to go in a dingy alley and reached in front of an unnamed shop. Upon entering, it took some time to for their eyes to adjust because of the lights present in the shop. On right, there were several glass shelves containing different coloured crystals. 

"Anything to buy or sell?"

A voice came from behind, Selene and Anna turned around to see a young boy behind the counter in a dark corner wearing oversized clothes and round spectacles.

"We want someone for appraisal." Selene said shaking the brown pouch in her hand.

"Oh please wait, while I get the appraiser." The young boy gestured to the couch beside the counter.

The spectacled boy opened a door behind him and went inside. Inside, a room completely different from the shop interior was there. A man sat on a fancy sofa counting gold coins emptied from several brown bags lying on the table in front of him.

"Master a customer has come for goods appraisal." The boy said bowing.

"Old? New?"

"New."

"Let's go then." The man said getting up.

A minute later Selene saw a man behind the young boy from the door behind the counter. He had dark green hair and light green eyes. Rather than an appraiser he looked like a mercenary instead.