The Crazed Writer

After a while, everyone forgot about the family who built the house on the hill and never returned home after their trip. It was left empty for 20 years, until Sir Peter declared it a waste of property. To wait longer for the return of the original owners would be ridiculous. He decided it was time to put it on the market.

The next day, Samuel Matthews, a close friend of Sir Peter asked about the property, stating he was searching for a home for his son, Wren. Just a few weeks ago, he had become an adult and was ready to live on his own. His parents also thought it would be appropriate for him to have his own place. This is so that he may find a woman, and start a family of his own.

Wren, an aristocrat born into wealth, moved in quickly, and was known for being wise beyond his years. He enjoyed writing in his free time, and often told the children in the town tales of adventures with heroic characters, monstrous beasts, stunning princesses, and fairytale creatures.

When he wasn't telling his stories in town, Wren was at his newly purchased home, decorating and unpacking for the first week. Turning what was supposed to be the nursery room in the house into a study. Across the hall was a room completely dedicated to his books, some of which he wrote and others he enjoyed reading. His own personal library.

After unpacking and setting up his first home, Wren spent a day in the town square. The kids knew when they saw him sitting in the park that he had a new tale to tell. They would all run towards him, before sitting at his feet, eagerly waiting to hear what the young man had to say. Today's story is about a boy who flew.

"The boy enjoyed climbing to the top of the highest tree in the forest, because of its magnificent view," Wren said cheerfully. "He felt so free up in the air like a bird."

Wren then stretched his arms out as far as they would extend.

"He held out his arms as such, feeling the wind blow through his hair and caress his skin," he said as he swayed side to side. "Though the wind became strong all at once, causing the boy to be thrown from the tree."

"Oh no, Wren!" little Rustle said. "Please tell us if he is okay?"

Wren turned to look at the little boy who seemed worried. A smile crept from the corners of his mouth.

"As the boy fell, he couldn't help but wish that he were a bird that could fly," Wren continued. "Just before he hit the ground, he stopped falling."

"How did he stop falling?" Imogen asked curiously.

"Quit interrupting him, and let him tell the story," Michael said as he hushed the other children.

"He kept his eyes closed until he felt himself stop abruptly," Wren explained. "As he opens his eyes, he notices that he's floating right above a pond. In the reflection, he also sees a magnificent creature."

"What was it?" the lovely woman asked as she sat down in front of Wren.

He was so captivated by her stunning appearance that he almost forgot he was telling a story. After clearing his throat, the children giggle, and his face reddens.

"Twas a bird long thought extinct," Wren said with a smile. "A gryphon to be more exact. With the head and wings of an eagle, and the body of a lion."

"Wow, that sounds entirely made up," a man said as he approached.

"Sir, please don't ruin it for the children," Wren said as he stood up.

Though he didn't compare in height to the tall and buff man before him, who was nearly a foot or two taller than Wren. He looked up at the man with a smug face.