The Seductress

After the second house owner disappeared, no one wanted to buy the house. It wasn't until several years passed, and the Great Depression lasted from 1873 to 1896, many lost hope of a better life in Fleetwood. During that time, Sir Peter decided to sell the house for a cheap price. The house was sold to a greedy man who used it to prostitute women for money.

Maxwell Steele had a fitting name, as he stole young women's and men's innocence, offering their bodies for a small fee. He was a cruel man, without care for others' well-being. Though, he had a soft spot for one person, a girl.

Belinda Beaumont, often called Belle, was a natural beauty with incredible talent. She had an angelic singing voice. That's what attracted Maxwell to the young girl who lived on the streets with her mother and two brothers. Her mother sold her to the man, in exchange for food and money. Maxwell raised her until she turned 17, before moving her into the house on the hill, turning it into a brothel.

At first, it was only Maxwell and Belle, but soon more joined. Most of the girls and boys who came to the house were searching for food and a home off the streets of Fleetwood. They believed it was better than rotting on the streets, and complied with Maxwell's rules in order to live in the house.

The theater that Wren had Geralt add to the house was turned into a small bar with a stage. On this stage, the young men and women hired by Maxwell would dance and put on a show for those willing to step foot inside the house. No one worried about anyone else saying they were involved in the brothel, due to its reputation.

Privacy wasn't an issue for the living. Though they didn't know there were prying eyes within the brothel walls. It was no surprise that they never noticed ghosts lurking around the house, especially with all the drugs and alcohol around.

For the longest time, Maxwell refused to let Belle perform, let alone step into a room alone with another man. When he heard her singing on the steps one night, while the others were inside entertaining their guests, he decided she had the potential to bring in more customers. It wasn't long before the entire bar room was filled with men, waiting to hear Belle's voice while gazing at her bare skin.

One man was kicked off the property for not controlling himself. He had climbed onto the stage with Belle as she sang, attempting to feel her every curve. When Maxwell heard her scream and the audience cheered, he rushed into the room to save her. He hit the drunk man on the head with a glass bottle, knocking him unconscious, before dragging him off of the property.

Maxwell shut down the brothel for a few days, hoping to avoid the wrath of the drunk man who had been removed from the house after attacking Belle on stage. He feared the man would turn him in to the authorities, shutting his brothel down.

After a few weeks passed, and there was no sign of the man returning or policemen knocking on the door, Maxwell decided to reopen the brothel. This time more men showed up, and even some women joined in on the fun. One man, in particular, had his eyes on Belle. Thaddeus Burton, son of Lawrence Burton, was attracted to her and enjoyed hearing her voice. Though the apple didn't fall far from the tree, he was just as cruel to women as his father was. However, no one could have thought so about him from the way he presented himself.

After he had his way with the other brothel girls, he reached the final girl, leaving a trail of tears and bruises. Although none of the girls would say who did it, out of fear of his threats. Maxwell didn't want anyone touching his prized possession, but for the right price, she was all his for the night.

Only it was different for her. He wasn't cruel or violent towards Belle like the other girls. She was special in his eyes, and deserved treatment as such. He was gentle with her, never leaving a scratch on her flawless skin. Thaddeus visited Belle regularly.