Fourteen Meteors

The Halloween festivities of Millennium High was probably the most looked forward to event of the entire academic year, not only was it the night in which the twelve protector wolves would be able to go home, it also marked the birth of the supernatural race.

As Baekhyun's history teacher had explained during one of their classes with him, supernatural beings were created by witches who had stumbled upon an energy source that they believed would threaten them and their world at the time. It was only recently revealed that the energy source that was said to have the ability to destroy Earth, had been the twelve of them. And the witches who were credited to have created the supernatural race were no other than Cordelia, Katherine and Jessica, the very witches who had conjured up the curse that forced Baekhyun and his soulmate to be reborn whenever himself or Chanyeol confessed their love for one another. Obviously the reveal came as quite a surprise to their History teacher who originally had a theory as to what could have happened by that crater all those years ago.

To cater to his excitement, students and faculty alike decided to allow him free range into discussing his initial thoughts providing him with a table by the punch bowl which allowed him to sit and describe his tale to any curious student. Even with the real tale having been exposed, many were surprised to see a small crowd had formed around the history teacher's table eager to hear his original thoughts involving their creation. He was more than happy to share the tale as many times as he deemed necessary.

Minseok and Suho seemed to share an interest in his initial tale, the two of them having sat themselves down near the punch bowl to hear him speak. By their expressions alone, Baekhyun was able to determine that the history teacher's tale was one filled with magic and adventure, no doubt a made-up story to cater to the wandering traveler's ear. And yet, despite how crazy it may have sounded, the teacher was still capable of keeping his students interested in his initial thoughts, many of them remaining in their position as the story started again for new curious members.

As the afternoon began to fade away and the true darkness of the night drifted through the elevated windows, Baekhyun found himself buzzing in excitement. Not only would he be enjoying himself for the first time ever on Halloween, he was also looking forward to what was yet to come. Of course the meteor shower was his first expectant of the night, having been waiting for this moment since he was first cursed, but the most important thing Baekhyun was looking forward to stemmed in the heart of his soulmate. He was going to ask his soulmate to dance with him.

The two of them had danced many times before, plenty of times when they were children, many times after they were crowned rulers of EXO Planet and various times throughout their previous lifetimes spent on Earth. Yet the most important -or at least the most important to Baekhyun- was their final dance together on Earth. It would help mark the end of their time on the blue planet and the start of their next chapter back on EXO Planet. He thought it would be a beautiful gesture, one that Chanyeol himself would be pining over. Not only would it be a romantic moment, but hopefully it would act as a precious memory for them as well.

Now if only he could find the Alpha.

Once their promise had been made, Chanyeol had excused himself from the party with the excuse that he needed to speak with his pack. The six of them had left together after that, many of the younger boys looking slightly dejected that they were being pulled from their soulmates just as the music coming over the speakers was getting low. It had been fifteen minutes, and not one of them had come back from wherever this mysterious meeting spot was.

Thankfully Baekhyun wasn't the only one who had grown suspicious of his soulmate's sudden disappearance, Kyungsoo and Luhan seemed to be thinking the same thing as they crossed the dancefloor in their quest of getting to their friend.