Thunder Booms and Lightning Strikes

Start from the beginning

~***~

"Sir, bring the girl and leave now, run as far as you can while we hold up the Dark Lord here! Give you some time..." Pulhu shouted to his back where Keep Wing and Alcione is standing. Adaru, with her bow and arrow pointed towards the entrance, second Pulhu's statement with a nod, as she took cautious steps nearer the door.

"No... no no no no!" Alcione cried. She took a step towards Pulhu but Keep Wing pulled her back , his dark eyes intent on the two warriors, his friends. Adaru turned her gaze to Keep Wing and stared her intense ice blue eyes on his dark ones. Keep Wing suddenly froze, not a single movement can be detected from him. Adaru and Keep Wing stared for a few minutes while the house rocked and shook with the earth as the Dark Lord came fast towards them.

"Keep Wing..." Alcione whispered. Adaru's gaze whipped at Alcione, making her gasp and freeze, Keep Wing let out a gust of breath as if he has held it back beyond his lung's capacity.

Alcione, Alcione heard Adaru call her in her mind, while she fixed her gaze at the unmoving, close-mouthed warrior, go now, follow whatever Mr. Keep Wing will tell you. Do not make it harder for him as he never ever have to run from the Dark Lord. He will do this to protect you.

Alcione mentally shakes her head. No! This is all because of me! I don't want to leave you and Pulhu here to face him! Alcione exclaimed.

Adaru frowned at her and said, if you will be a pain in the ass, I will slap the hell out of you.

Adaru look back at Keep Wing, she nodded. "Keep safe, Sir. We will see each other soon." Adaru said, for a brief moment, her eyes lost its icy fierceness as she looked with affection towards Keep Wing.

"What are you waiting for? They are already upon us, Go! Now!" Pulhu shouted. Keep Wing nodded, grabbed Alcione's arm and ran towards the fireplace.

Alcione, realizing that Keep Wing is running, with him dragging her, towards the huge fireplace and straight towards the flames, screamed at him to stop and let her go, and pounded her hands against Keep Wing's arm. To her horror, Keep Wing threw Alcione into the fire, she shut her eyes tightly and let out an ear splitting scream, bracing for the pain that is sure to come.

Aclione screamed at the top of her lungs, until it finally dawned on her that she is still screaming while drops of water hit her with so much force that she saw herself looking up the dark sky. Big, cold drops of rain hit her face and body, drenching her within seconds.

"What... what..." Alcione muttered as she raised herself in her elbows and saw that she is sprawled in the muddy ground. She ran her hands all over her, bewildered that she is not on fire that she is not inside the house but actually outside of it, at the back of the big house. Keep Wing appeared at her feet out of nowhere as if he just walked out of some place, a deep frown marked his smooth forehead.

"Are you done screaming the storm away?" Keep Wing said, one eyebrow raised.

Alcione stood up, look around. "But you... threw me to the flames... I thought I will be fried to my death... I'm outside, why am I outside..." Alcione muttered.

Keep Wing shrugged. "We cannot go out by the front door, so we just went by the fireplace. I can make a portal anywhere I can." He answered offhand.

Alcione slowly turned her head towards Keep Wing's relaxed form. She went to him in big, angry strides as her hand raised in a big arc. Before Keep Wing could react, Alcione's hand descended and gave a ringing slap on his left cheek, his head whipped back by the force of it.