"It's my fault she left." He admitted. "She was getting too worked up. Her powers were agitated, and we were close to the castle. I didn't want anything to get destroyed by accident. So I used a calming spell-"

"Well that explains it." Santiago muttered, checking his coat for scratches in the fabric. "Fey may have different rules, but in Nazeen, you don't use magic on anyone for anything without their permission."

Jeanette nodded. "He's right. It's drilled into us from a young age. Circe's Magical Academy is quite strict about it."

"Yeah, it probably wasn't the best idea." Brandon rubbed the back of his neck self-consciously, stopping his pacing to glance at Princess Luna, who hadn't moved since she'd sat down across from all of them in a separate chair.

"You saved the castle, Brandon." Luna shrugged. "If these 'powers' of hers unnerved you that badly, then I certainly would have done the same thing in your shoes."

"Do you know what Viviana's powers are?" Brandon asked abruptly, turning to Jeanette and Santiago.

Jeanette was confused. "Why wouldn't we? All she has is telekinesis, but when she's really upset, it turns on her and destroys things. I'm assuming that's the powers or maybe chaos you're talking about."

Brandon hesitated and paused with his mouth open when their conversation was interrupted by a woman with dark curly hair and gold earrings.

"There's someone walking up to the front door, Princess. Thought you'd want to know."

"Thank you, Haylie," Princess Luna nodded, standing up. "Is it Viviana?"

Haylie shook her head. "I don't think so, but it is hard to tell."

Luna walked to the door and motioned for everyone to follow her.

"Let's go greet our mysterious guest."

***

The man with the flamboyant pirate hat made sure his pegasus was concealed in the woods before he picked the unconscious witch up and carried her to the castle.

Snow crunched under his black boots, and he almost sank beneath the first layer due to the added weight. He frowned at this, and made a mental note to improve the lightweight hover spell on his boots.

Perhaps he would simply switch to complete levitation. It would certainly save time, so long as he found an easy way to control it.

A melted path already existed in the snow. He smiled to himself and carefully walked the narrow path.

Witches. Apparently, they don't really like snow.

He loved the snow. He had waterproofed his boots specifically so he could walk in the snow all the time.

The narrow path was useful, so he decided not to gloss it over with a fresh layer of snow. However, he could not help the frost that spread from every step he took.

The witch stirred slightly, and he could see her trying to force her eyes open. He moved faster.

He did not want to be seen. It was not an order from the Princess, it was just his own personal wish.

He loathed whoever had decided it was a brilliant idea to give the Princess a faerie spell book. He couldn't ignore, or fight, a summoning spell in that form. It was humiliating to be summoned to the Princess, not once, but twice!

And the second time, she made demands! The audacity. She had even tried to see his face.

At least he had managed to best her in evasive maneuvers. He was not going to let anyone who was not a faerie or fey see his face. Why else would he have such a giant, over the top hat?