Once Upon A Multiverse: Part 4

A/N: Picture of the goddess Latsyr above ^^^

The witch goddess, Latsyr, and her twin Thrys, an immortal servant of Death in the Order of the Reapers, are only still alive for one reason.

            Most people despise them, especially Thrys. They are considered the most abhorred pair of immortals, known for their underhanded deals, multiple betrayals, and rabblerousing between deities and humans alike. The gods look upon them with disdain, and humans wish they could forget the twins' existence. After the death of magic, most humans did. Thrys and Latsyr were slowly eliminated from memory over the course of thousands of years. Only one witch now remains, and she is the only thing keeping them from a fate worse than death.

Latsyr and Thrys cling to power through this solo worship. And it works, because their devotee is the only witch to have ever fought off an enchantress and lived.

            Her name is Maldeena Nightblood.

            However, shortly after defeating the enchantress, Ilsadora Silverstein, Maldeena vanished.

            No one has seen her since.

            But her home kingdom knows she's still there, plotting from the shadows, controlling the royal family as a master puppeteer. After all, Nazeen is the major capital of the world for all witches and warlocks.

            It was where the enchantress Queen Ilsadora used to live, before she fled to the border mountains of Remembauri and Yaquir, banished by Maldeena, her people turned against her due to alleged crimes.

            Nazeen had one witch Queen replaced by another.

            Maldeena rules Nazeen with a secretive iron fist. Nothing, and no one, escapes her notice. They say she has a magic mirror, stolen or created by dark magic no one knows, but it is hers all the same. She terrorizes, but also protects, the magical and nonmagical citizens of Nazeen.

            Despite all of her power, she did nothing to save the royal family from Ilsadora's wrath, inflicted just before she was banished. Maldeena has no care for the humans. Why should she?

            What have they ever done to save the fey, and eventually the witches, when they cried for relief, for help?

            Nothing.

            Maldeena decided to be better than them. As in, even more unforgiving.

            Now that she has her power, and a place of her own, with no other meddling beings, she can give everyone a taste of their own medicine.

            And Latsyr watches with only moderate concern.

            So long as Maldeena continues to remember both Latsyr and her twin Thrys, and provide all of their worship through herself and her coven, they will do nothing to free the human rulers, or any citizens of Nazeen.

            They are alone.