Princess Isabelle just blinked at her, refusing to apologize.

            "You again." she said simply, the book flying back into her hand as she crossed the room to sit on the chair.

Viviana grumpily rubbed her head. "That's really going to leave a mark."

But she was also confused. There was something she had wanted to say to Princess Isabelle, something that had been putting her on edge, but now she couldn't remember what it was at all.

I must've been hit harder over the head than I thought.

Princess Isabelle calmly crossed her ankles. "Well, what do you want now?"

"Aren't you shocked to see me?" Viviana already felt confused by the nonchalant attitude of the Princess, as compared to last time. The blunt and pointed questions were about the same though.

"Am I shocked to see you?" Isabelle repeated. "Why do you think I hit you over the head?"

"Because you enjoy using books as your weapon of choice for committing violence." Viviana deadpanned.

"Because you startled me, dummy. Duh."

Viviana frowned. Princess Isabelle talking the way a normal teenager would, just without the swearing, was oddly disconcerting, and somehow... wrong.

Viviana eyed the Princess warily, her uneasiness lingering in the back of her mind.

What could I possibly be forgetting?

Princess Isabelle interrupted her thoughts for once, breaking the silence Viviana hadn't even noticed.

"I performed the spell changes you suggested. And it did work..." Isabelle trailed off, an annoyed look on her face. "It just didn't work the way I thought it would."

Spell changes? Oh, right, I rewrote her weird soulmate spell.

"What happened?" Viviana asked, casually leaning against the wall, afraid that if she tried to move closer to Isabelle, she'd receive another book to the face.

Isabelle huffed and crossed her arms. "A strange man showed up. I couldn't see his face very well because as soon as he saw me, he tilted down his elaborate pirate hat over his eyes. At least... it looked like a pirate hat. You know, one of those giant hats with a fluffy feather hanging off the end? But that wasn't even the strangest part. The hat would've made more sense if he was dressed like a pirate, but he wasn't. It looked like he was wearing a black fencing uniform with a red cape. Anyway, all he said was I had my heart in the wrong place and then he disappeared in a cloud of snow before I could even say anything. Who does that?"

Princess Isabelle seemed to have temporarily lost her suspicion of Viviana, as she gesticulated wildly in frustration. Viviana wasn't quite sure what Princess Isabelle was saying.

"Princess, are you upset that he disappeared in a cloud of snow or that he didn't let you say anything?"

"Both!" Princess Isabelle groaned. "You have no idea how cold it was in here after his mini snowstorm."

Against her better judgement, Viviana chuckled.

"It sounds like you might have summoned a fey. Or at least someone else magical. You're lucky they didn't throw a fit."

"A fey?" Isabelle repeated. "What's a fey?"

Her head tilted to the side in curiosity as she opened a notebook next to her on the table and picked up a purple pen.

Viviana arched an eyebrow and sat on the floor. "That's what you got out of the statement? Not that they might have done something to you, but that they are fey? Eres completamente loca." [You are completely crazy.]