Viviana subconsciously blocked it out, tugging her hood into place so she could rest her head on the cold window, and her eyes shut against her will, too heavy to keep open.

***

The first thing she registered was the song.

The singing voice was back, and in only one place this time. Viviana stumbled blindly toward it, hands outstretched as though that would help the fact that she couldn't see anything.

She didn't touch anything, but the song stopped abruptly with a strangled noise, and red burst behind her vision.

Viviana dropped her hands when she realized the reason she couldn't see was because her eyes were closed.

So she opened them only to hiss and almost squeeze them shut again.

Bright. Very very bright.

Viviana winced and rubbed her eyes at the sudden bright whiteness surrounding her. Like the look of a fluffy cloud or the blankness of a notebook page. Steadily, her surroundings came into focus in the form of a room, with off-white walls and cream curtains framing a window that looked out into some kind of garden. A far-off sound of water, perhaps a fountain, came from the open window.

It was surprisingly tranquil.

Until someone screamed and something hit her over the head.

            Viviana groaned, holding her hand up to her head, her eyes alighting on the book on the floor that had been thrown at her. It looked heavy enough to leave a bruise.

            Then there was the person who had screamed.

            The book zoomed back through the air, into the hand of who had thrown it, and Viviana took a step back, a gasp leaving her lips.

            It was Princess Isabelle, fully conscious and standing upright, but looking the exact same as she had when Viviana had last seen her. Isabelle's ash blonde hair was still french braided and tucked over one shoulder and her bangs were still hanging over her forehead. The only difference was she was wearing a floral print purple dress, and her shockingly blue eyes were open.

Viviana observed the Princess's position closely. It looked like she'd been sitting in a curved white chair with a pastel pink seat by the edge of the bed, which was opposite the window. A clear plastic table had a cup of tea tilted on its side, the tea spilling over on the saucer and steadily dripping onto the light wooden floor. The princess herself was clutching the book so hard in her hand, her knuckles were white, and her arm was primed to throw again.

            "Easy, Princess. I'm not here to hurt you." Viviana blurted, forcing herself to meet the Princess's eyes while trying to get a grip on her surroundings.

            What sorcery is this?! What's happening?

            Isabelle seemed to share the same sentiment.

"How did you get in?" Isabelle asked, her blue eyes never faltering in their hard glare. "Where are my guards? Guards!"

            No one entered the room.

            Princess Isabelle exhaled and hugged the book to her stomach, her hands twitching as she righted the teacup but ignored the tea still dripping onto the floor.

            "Are you... him then?" Isabelle whispered. "If so, forgive my actions sir. I am not myself."

            Indignation flared in Viviana, and she threw the hood of her jacket off, not failing to note that it was still on. "Do I look like a guy to you?!"