"You have been called to this meeting about an opportunity to prove your abilities and demonstrate all you have learned. As you may know, the crown has been looking for candidates to journey to Remembauri and face the enchantress to save Princess Isabelle. And so far... we have had no success. That is where you come in. This application is now open to all who wish to apply, and risk their lives for Princess Isabelle. I understand this may seem inconsequential and inconvenient to many of you, but the fate of Nazeen's future is dependent on this. Upon you."

"What's in it for us?" Someone close to the front asked, and the presenter looked affronted.

"You mean the honor of saving your kingdom and the Princess isn't enough for you?"

"If we're gonna be risking our lives, man, you have to have something more than glory and 'honor' to offer us. I don't know about the rest of these guys, but I think I'm too young to die for glory." Someone near the back piped up.

Viviana's lips twitched, and she glanced over at Santiago to see him similarly repressing a smile.

Unfortunately, the presenter had quite a comeback to that comment.

"Really? Well, what about Princess Isabelle? She's the same age as all of you, and yet she does not get to choose whether or not she dies. Don't you think she deserves to live just as much as all of you?"

Viviana's heart twinged and she ignored it. The fate of the Princess had bothered her for ages, but she could hardly just march all the way to Remembauri by herself. For one, Elena would lose her mind. And second... she'd need a super squad to go with her.

Good luck finding one of those, Viv. She thought to herself.

Someone from the middle of the bleachers, right in front of Viviana and Santiago actually stood up to address the presenter this time. "You should choose someone who actually did well on their IMT. And that isn't us. Everyone knows the person who scored the highest was Viviana Morales. She's practically valedictorian too. Why aren't you talking to her?"

Viviana couldn't stop the wide grin on her face. She flashed the guy a thumbs up from her seat and he caught it, frowning for a second until it clicked and his eyes widened. She pressed a finger to her lips in a shushing motion and he mimed zipping his mouth.

"Miss Morales? I am unfamiliar." The presenter shrugged nonchalantly. "Perhaps I shall speak to her later."

Viviana shot to her feet and moved down the rows, dodging Santiago's arm as he attempted to stop her.

"Viv what are you doing?!" Preisha yelped in her head.

"Getting an application."

"Have you lost your mind?! We can't go to Remembauri! What about Elena? What about school? What about the enchantress that will obviously kill us?" Preisha was freaking out, but Viviana could only think of one thing. Or, should she say, person.

"...What about Princess Isabelle?" She answered Preisha, before blocking her from her mind as she reached the end of the bleachers and crossed to stand in front of the presenter. She could always fully explain herself to Preisha later.

Viviana squared off against the presenter. "Where do we get this application?"

The presenter looked surprised, then thrilled. His face turned smug as he glanced at the assembled students behind her, like he was saying 'See? Finally, someone with spirit!'

"I have a stack right here."

He produced a stack of packets from thin air and gave one to her. She smiled and nodded, making a show of tilting her head to the side as she considered something.