[ 𝟎𝟒𝟎 ] 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

Start from the beginning

Y/n's eyes filled with tears as she looked around. "But . . . what is here? How do I find you? I can't just walk blindly into the Void. If I enter your mind, it may be dangerous—"

Mace put a hand on her shoulder. "You need to trust me. I'll be here, but you need to defeat it. You need to help me get it back under my control. After you get passed it, then you'll be able to set me free."

Y/n took this time to look at his appearance. He was in his Umbrella Academy uniform and his hair was soaking wet. His lip bled and he had bruises on his face and black veins spread from his neck to his ears. Y/n reached up and floated her finger near the areas and she gasped.

"What has it done to you?" she looked up to see Mace's teary eyes.

"Much." he nodded. "And I promise that once we get out of this, I'll explain everything. I just can't believe I'm seeing you against after all these years." He floated his hand over his sister's cheek. "It seems as if you've grown."

Y/n chuckled as a tear left her eye. "So it does."

Mace looked behind her and recognized a dark, black cloud forming and coming up to them quickly. His smile faded from his face as his breathing quickened and he took his hand away.

Y/n noticed this and asked, "What? What's wrong?"

Mace gulped. "It's waking up. Listen to me—" he gripped her shoulder. "You need to enter my mind and find me. Use the methods you've found and save me." He shifted his gaze back to see the cloud getting closer and closer. "And hurry!"

Y/n put her hand forward to touch her brother, but as her hand reached his skin, everything went to dust. "No, no, no, no! Mace!" she yelled around. "Mace! Mace!"

Y/n gasped as she sat up seeing she was now in bed. She calmed down her breathing and looked around the room to see it was the morning. She slowly got out of bed and moved toward the clock to see it was near nine a.m.

Had she slept all that time?

A knock on the door alerted her and she moved right to it. She opened the door to reveal Viktor. "Viktor, what's up?"

He smiled softly and asked, "Can we talk?"

Y/n nodded. "Of course." She moved aside and let the young man in. "What about?" she questioned as she moved back over to the living room area, sitting on the couch beside Viktor who now joined her.

"I need your help." He sighed. "I sent Harlan with Allison so that the others wouldn't hurt him. We have a plan to get my powers back from him by maybe using the same method I did in the sixties." Viktor placed a hand on Y/n's thigh. "But . . . I don't want to go alone."

Y/n showed a smile. "If you're asking me to go with you, I'll be more than happy to." She leaned forward and hugged Viktor before heading to the bathroom to get ready. "Question? How long was I out for?"

"Well . . . " he stood up and looked her way as he continued, "Luther thought it was best to just bring you to the room after you didn't wake up after the kugel wave . . . and leave you to rest for sixteen hours." Viktor chuckled.

Y/n turned to him and began to laugh as well. "Wow. At least tell me you guys didn't think I was dead?"

"No—" he shook his head. "Klaus came in at the eight-hour mark and checked your pulse to make sure you were still awake and still with us."

Y/n nodded. "You guys won't lose me. Don't worry. But, it was nice you checked up on us."

"You're family—our sister; twin brother or not," declared Viktor as he smiled and he received one back.