Chapter 25

Walking to the front door I had changed my mind yet again. I am going to tell them! Loud yelling pulled me out of my happy state. I look around the driveway assuming by the no extra vehicles that Dalton and Charlie weren't here, unless they walked.

I hope everything's okay. Did I take my meds today? Focus! I'm not sure if whoever is fighting wants me to hear, so I timidly open the door and quietly shut it behind me.

"It's not my fault you're good at everything! Just take it as a compliment!" Alex yells throwing her hands up as her younger sister shouts back tears in her eyes. "Why can't you fucking see it! You saying I'm perfect and all this shit makes me feel like I have to live up to everybody's perfect expectations! It stresses me out and everything I do is never good enough!" Alice yells back. My eyes widen and I press myself against the door. I have to be quiet when mom yells; but maybe I can make a difference this time... I want to help. Should I? Will they get mad at me if I do? Or if I don't?

"Guys... I uh. I think we can calmly talk about this- I'm willing to help! With whatever you guys need!" I join the conversation hoping to help calm them. Alex groans and I look to the ground. I messed up. I chose the wrong choice. "Not now Sebastian!" Alice snaps tugging at her hair. "I'm sorry" I apologize before excusing myself to hurry up the stairs to my room.

"Alexander Renee and Alice Mazy!" I had left the door open and could hear their mother's voice as she came marching into the room. "What!?" Both shout back at the same time. I sink down to the floor defeated. Did I make them angrier?

Don't play the victim you idiot. Suck it up! "I'm fine with a little sibling squabbling, but this full blown yelling to the point you are hurting other people's feelings is down right bullshit! You guys need to figure out what's going on! Peacefully would be preferable... with an actual conversation." Aunt Ariel starts to lecture them. I start to feel bad for eavesdropping.

Sighing I pull my knees to my chest and sit against the bed staring at the wall. My chest hurts. It's probably because I am sad. Did I take my meds? Wait didn't I already ask myself that? Foster was so nice today! He asked me out!? I can't wait to tell them!

"You expect me to have a civilized conversation with her? She never listens and nothing goes through that thick skull of hers!" Alice practically screams making me snap out of my happy thoughts.

"What are you trying to say! You fucking asshole! You insulting me isn't going to make this any better!" Alex yells back as their mother groans. "Girls please for the love of god calm down..." she trails off and they stay silent for a minute.

"You need to figure this out quickly and go apologize to Sebastian!" I tune back in hearing my name. "What!? Why!? It's not our fault he's always in our business!" Alice shouts making me freeze. "Alice that was mean it's not his fault. He was just trying to help... sometimes he can't comprehend when to come in and when to stay away" Alex explain as the tears fall from my eyes.

I hate myself so much. I didn't know I was getting in the way. I really don't belong anywhere. Mom doesn't want me. They don't want me. I thought they wanted me. They were faking it weren't they. They probably hate me.

I take a deep breath and try to calm my trembling lips and shaky hands before just standing and going. The three females were bickering back and forth, I quietly made my way down the stairs and through the kitchen to the back door.

A very surprised Abe walks in after probably hearing all the yelling. "Hey Seb, where ya going buddy?" He asks grabbing my should. I could feel myself breaking down as I try to keep the tears at bay, but fail. "On a walk" I manage to get it out as the girls yells at each other behind me.

Not giving him another moment to process I speed out the door and hurry to the front of the house walking anywhere at this moment. I didn't want people to see me cry though. Foster likes me! He really likes me! He wouldn't date me if he didn't really like me! I was just there though it would be annoying if I went back.

I cut across the road once I made it to the beach and claim a shady spot under a gorge of palm trees that had somehow intertwined. There weren't many people near this side anyway. It was because of all the crabs hatching around this area, most tourist are terrified.

Checking my surroundings I give in and let myself ugly cry. I don't hold back as I drop my face into my hands and sob. They didn't mean it. I'm sure they didn't. Well they didn't mean it in a bad way... they might have though. It's my fault. I just never pay attention- I should have known to stay out of it. Stupid!

My phone lights up and I see Abe's contact. I am quick to answer not wanting to freak him out. "Hey buddy, how are you doing?" He speaks and I suck in a deep breath trying not to openly sob.

"Are Alice and Alex okay now?" I ask holding my chest. "Is he really asking about us right now" one of them sadly chuckles as I attempt to stop the tears.

"They're fine. Where are you, do I hear the waves?" I can hear his smile and I sniffle nodding. "Yeah, I'm at the beach" I whisper and he hums. "Tell me about the view. Does it look good right now?" He questions me. I look around trying to take it all in.

"Umm the waves are kinda big right now. Like they are really noticeable and there aren't many people because of the baby crabs. I wish there was more of a breeze because I'm hot, but I'm under a group of palm trees" I explain to him as he hums in response.

"Sounds beautiful... could you take a picture for me?" He keeps going. I take in another deep breath feeling calmer now as I went to my camera. I took a few pictures of the beach trying to get the right angles to really capture how good it looks before putting the phone to my ear again.

"Okay, I did... do you actually want to see them or were you just saying that to distract me" I whisper feeling like an idiotic toddler. "No I want to see them. I haven't been able to relax on the beach in a bit" he admits as I wipe my eyes.

"You should come sit with me. I'm at the beach by the house if you turn left out of the driveway!" I explain getting a chuckle.

"Sounds amazing I'll be down there in a bit. Want me to bring you anything?" He asks. I tried to think. "I'm good... can we watch the sunset?" I ask the next question, listening to him start to move around.

"Of course Sebastian" the truck starts up and the loud noise overpowers most of his voice. I just listen to the sound closing my eyes and leaning against a tree. The noise is suddenly cut off and I look down to see he had hung up. Though the noise of the pick up is heard in real life and I look up to see him parking.

Uncle Abe turns off the truck and looks around before spotting me and waving. I wave back and then my uncle clumsily runs down the hill before plopping down next to me.

"How are you feeling?" He chuckles playing with my hair as I wiped my face clean. "Better now, thank you" I thank him for calming me once again. "Of course, I'm sorry our family hurt your feelings. The girls will apologize when we get back" he asssures me, but I shake my head.

"They uh- they really don't need to apologize. Alice and Alex were telling the truth it hurts knowing that my ADHD is getting this bad... it hurt a lot" I admit leaning into him more.

"They're teen girls who are ornery and sad. They love you a lot. Hell both were crying messes when they found out you left crying. That doesn't excuse their actions but they really do care about you Seb, so don't think otherwise" he whispers and I nod wiping some fresh tears.

"I don't know what they said exactly, but from what they told me they will get a stern talking to because it's never okay to talk like that about people. You are never in the way, so what you're a little impulsive- have you met me? I'll do the stupidest shit randomly. It's what makes us fun!" He cheers wrapping his arm around my shoulder as I continue to stand at him in awe.

The sun is starting to set. I am tired and honestly confused. I want Abe to be my dad. I want Ariel to be my mom.

"I don't want to go back to New York"