🔞 Chapter 12 : Best Bad Decision.

Fast forward to a month later, after Pete and Vegas getting closer, Candy and Lian also trying so hard to accept Pete's decision. But not with Leo, he keeps trying to win Pete's heart, which really stupid, but it is always become Vegas inside jokes, he really laughs everytime Pete told him about Leo texted him or calling him. If only Leo knew that the one that he texted is always show the texts to Vegas.

That Friday night, Vegas, Pete, Lian, and Candy went out together, eating shabu-shabu at Candy's favorite restaurant to celebrate Lian's first salary after working at his new multinational company.

"You should try this!" Candy gives Pete sliced beef , wrapped with lettuce, and dipped into some sauce.

"That's—so Korean." Vegas said.

"Don't tell me you watch Korean drama, Vegas!" Lian confront his childhood friend, he knows for sure Vegas never watched that kind of things, but he just wanted to tease him.

"Yes, we watched it together all the time—" listen to what Vegas' said, Lian and Candy stunned. They thought, Vegas talking about these few weeks after they were getting close again, but no, Vegas really telling a whole story about how they were first living together and Pete forced him to watch some K-drama from the night until morning.

"You remember." Pete said softly. Not only his friends, he himself feels shocked that Vegas remember all of those. He even remember what series they watched first.

Lian witnessed all of the changed that Vegas showcased. All. Of. Them.

How Vegas talks to Pete, how he acts, everything. Lian loves Pete so much, he loves the fact that Pete can still be with someone he loves and treated right. He just hopes that Vegas' devil side not gonna take over his mind again.

---

"I want slurpee." Pete said after they were finished their meal and line up to get out from the restaurant's glass door.

"I want to go home—" Candy replied.

"Do you want to grab slurpee with me? I'll drive you back to Candy's afterwards." Lian and Candy immediately agreed with what's Vegas proposed.

"Get him home safely." Candy said.
"You can drive me home, right, phi Lian?" he asked.

Lian nodding and they're walk together to parking lot, leaving Vegas and Pete standing there awkwardly.

Even though they were getting  closer lately, but Pete already set the boundaries and never gets into Vegas' car. Just in case. But he understood that his friends already gave him a green light with letting him get into the same car with Vegas. So he definetely happy, excited, but nervous in the same time.

Vegas grabs Pete's tote bag and leads the way to Vegas' car. He didn't even touches Pete. Not his hand, not his shoulder, not touching anything. He really understood the consept of the word 'consent' since they were having a deep talk few days after that 'drunk'  accident.

And Vegas tried so hard and succeed. Like right now, he didn't even try to touch Pete. He really wants to proof that he changes into a better person for Pete. And fulfill his promise to himself to treat Pete way better than before. Better than anyone else who tries to win Pete's heart. Leo if he can mention the name.

"Pete?" Vegas' startled as Pete grabbed his hand from behind him and walks with him side by side. Their shoulder touches. And Vegas doing something that he never did before. He shed a tears. Like, real tears. But quickly wiped it and look the other direction so Pete won't see that.

"Why?" Pete asked.

"Nothing. I—i just missed this feeling so much. I miss you. I miss how the way you love me. I love you, Pete!" his words spilled out just like that.