Chapter 10 : Breathe, baby. Breathe.

(Pete)

I've been in this situation before, on my way to Candy's place after running away from Vegas.

"Pete, take care of yourself." Leo handed me the bento box that he said he made by himself. Special for me.

"Thank you, Leo."

"I'll text you." he said.

I get in the car and left with phi Lian and Candy.

---

"Well... tell mee moreeee." Candy sits on the back, teasing me with question about Leo.

"Tell you about what? Leo?" i asked.

"Yes. Gia told me that you both were going to his restaurant and he drove you home. And...??" 

"And Vegas got mad because of it. He saw me with him in the lobby."

"Really? Usually when Vegas mad or jealous, he came for the other guy and kick him dead, why this time he came for you and beating you up?" phi Lian join this convo and trying to understand the situation.

"I don't know." i replied.

"Do you want to go check to the doctor?" he asked.

"No, phi. It's just bruises and small papercut wounds." 

"Tell me if you need anything."

10 minutes later.

He parked his car when we're arrived at Candy's. Candy looks so excited finally can lived together with me again.

"We can bring all these by ourselves, phi. Thank you." i said. I just want to get inside and throw myself to the bed and sleep until tomorrow.

"It's only 6.50 PM, why don't we grab something to eat?" 

"You can go with Candy, i have this." i showed him the bento that Leo gave me.

Phi Lian is looking at Candy and nodding, agree to have a dinner with him. And they're going together, while i just get inside Candy's place and do what i said i'm gonna do. I lay myself on the bed, and not too long, Leo text me.

<How's the food?>

I forgot that i have this food. I open the lunchbox and finish them so fast. This is really good.

<Just ate it. SO GOOD! Thank you, Leo.>

 I replied 9 minutes later, it means i finished the food only in 9 minutes. Well, i think i'm really hungry after being overthinking about what Vegas said earlier. That he will never let me having a new boyfriend.

<Can i get my lunchbox now?>

I think Leo was trying to meet me and using this yellow-ish lunch box as an excuse. I giggle a little when i was reading his text, and the next thing i know, i sent him my location pin and we met.

"Hey.. thank you." i handed him his lunchbox.

We're talking right next to his car, i told him to stay in the car and handing him this lunchbox from the window but he refused and still came out and talk to me face to face. 

"You washed it." he said as he noticed that the lunchbox on his hand is clean.

"There's no way i gave this back without washing it." 

"Hmm.. Pete.. What happened?" he gets closer to my face as he's asking that. 

And i cursing myself after that, i forgot that i already wiped off my make up the second i arrived at Candy's. So he must be noticing the bruises on my face. And this is the most awkward situation, like a teenager which talking to his crush. I can't even look at him in his eyes. Not because i have a crush on him, but i just can't face him after being beaten up like this.