Chapter 9 : Someone Better.

Pete standing in front of the classroom while Candy approached him and tap him in his shoulder.

"Pete.."

"What's this??" Candy touches Pete's under eye when he noticed Pete puts too much make up on his face. After Pete dodge his hand, Candy dragged him into the toilet right away. Pete follows him anyway.

"What??" he asked while shoving Candy's hand away from his arm when they entered the restroom which not too far from their class.

---

(Pete)

"Take off your make up!"Not asking, not request, he is demanding me to remove my make up while looking for something on his tote bag.

"Here! Take off your make up, now!!" he handed me a bottle of her make up removal to my hand.

"I can't." i answered while lower my head down and i bet he already know what happened.

"Pete. Okay, don't take that off, i don't want anyone to see. But, please listen to me. You have to get out of it, right now! Leave him. You said he's different now, but no one can changed this fast. If you really want him, if you really love him and willing to waiting for him until he totally change, i'm gonna here with you all the way. But waiting for him to change from far away. Not living together with him or still be his boyfriend. If he really wants to be with you and loves you, he'll show it to you. If he did this to you, it means he didn't love you, Pete." Candy words are really on point.

"He called his ex's name last night when we had sex.. he... he hurt me, Candy.." i can't hold my tears anymore, i broke down and cry. Next thing i know, Candy hugging me while crying with me.

"Pete.. please, this time please listen to me. Leave him. Let him show you that he's worth it to you, then you get back with him. But only if we both see how he's change. I don't want it to be like this again, you gave him another chance but he did it again. He didn't cheat like how he used to do, but he still did this to you. You're not happy, Pete. Loving someone should makes you happy."

Yes, loving someone supposed to make me happy.

---

The whole day, i didn't check my phone on purpose. I know he must've been texting me all day, asking about the lunch and other things. Just like usual. But i thought about what Candy said, over and over again. And i think i really have to broke up with him. Again.

"Hi, Pete.."

"Oh, hi phi Lian. Why are you here?" i asked.

"Why can't i be here?"

"I thought you are now at intership program at the bank." 

"Yes, but this is 5.30, i already finished my job since 4 PM. Now i'm here. Do you want to go home? I can drive you." he said as he walking towards me.

"No, phi. Thank you. I have to go by myself."

"Why? Vegas with his jealousy again?" he asked.

"Hmm.. No, but i have to go home alone. I need to settle some things up."

"He wants to broke up with Vegas, phi." Candy, out of nowhere, replied what he asked.

"WOW. Big decision in the making. Why? Did he cheating again?" he get closer and whispering to us.

"No." Candy replied as he touches my cheekbone.

"Aw. What are you doing?" i flinched.

"Wait! Did he puts his hands on you?" phi Lian grabbed my chin and trying to look closer to my face.