Dinner

Y/n's POV

My family don't really get along very well. They've both had there differences , and can both be massive pains. But there family I can't get rid of them or change them I'm stuck with them. I came out to my family about four years ago, some still have problems with it others have chosen to ignore it. But my dads always there for me, he's one of the only people who accept and love me for who I am. Him and my cousin, robin. Me and robin have been best friends since we were five we tell each other everything. And I mean everything. Whenever she sleeps with someone new she tells me and whenever I have problems I go to her.
My mother still hasn't got the fact that I don't like men. Every time I see her she asks me if I've seen any new rich men to marry.
I get to the house I grew up in and am immediately attacked by the dog, Barney, he likes attention. Whenever someone walks into the house he jumps up at them, he wants cuddles too. After I get him to call down I walk into the house, I'm greeted by my mum and dad. Dad looks annoyed, mum looks almost excited.
Mum: y/n honey come meet our guests.
Y/n: okay?
I walk with them into the living room.
We're I see this older looking couple and this younger man. Just a bit older than me two years or so.
Mum: y/n honey this is Tony your future husband.
Y/n: my what?!
Surely I heard her wrong or she must be joking.
Y/n: if this your idea of a joke it isn't funny.
Mum: I'm serious y/n you will marry Tony. In five months you will be wed. Meaning you'll be going to live with him.
Y/n: I'm not marrying him. I'm gay for fucks sake. And already talking to someone.
Mum: oh really.
Y/n: yes really why would I lie
Mum: what's her name?
Y/n: her name? Scarlett. She's called Scarlett
Mum: okay then, I want to meet this Scarlett girl
Y/n: meet her? Is that really necessary.
Mum: yes it's necessary. I want to meet her, tomorrow we'll have dinner and you'll bring her with you. And if she's a no show you'll marry Tony.
My mum says goodbye to our guests and they leave leaving me with my family. For the rest of the day I'm with my dad. We talk about life and how I'm doing good at work. My mum disagrees with my decision to go into acting instead of taking over her company. I've always hated her company there stupid and quite frankly the men there are sexist. My father did his dream and works as a police detective. He was in the army before but he was injured whilst working so I told him to stop the stupid work and do what he always wanted to do.

It's now Friday and I'm at Scarlett's getting ready for this dinner. She's heard how shitty and pristine my mother is so she choose and elegant red dress. She looks beautiful like normal.
Scarlett's dress

She suits the colour red, I wear a  white dress/ suit

She suits the colour red, I wear a white dress/ suit .
Y/n's suit/dress

So this is the end of part one I'll release part two later on

I hope you enjoyed this
17:28
580 words