10 years

Sorry it took so long youreaposer  I hope this is okay.

I'm at my uncle Chris' house. Mum dropped me off yesterday and I'm not going home till Monday . Mum has plans for Sunday ( my birthday) so she sent me to my uncles . I probably won't see her on Sunday but at least I'll spend the day with her on Monday. Well not the full day because I have school and she'll probably have work . I wake up the next day to my uncle and his wife standing above me singing happy birthday.
Chris: your mum said happy birthday and to have a good day.
By this point I had a huge smile spread across my face.
Elsa: get changed then come down stairs.
I get changed go down stairs and spend the rest of the day with them, they decided to go out for dinner so we went to this nice place near there house. Whilst we're waiting for our food uncle Chris let's me go on his phone , as I'm playing a message pops up. I try to swipe it up but I accidentally press the message. It takes me to the message and I look at it because I saw it's from my mum.
(The message)
Scarlett- I can't do this anymore Chris    Read at 18:30
Chris- Scarlett it's your daughters birthday you can't leave her.    Read at 18:32
Scarlett- I'm sorry but I have to go.     Read at 19:00
Scarlett- tell her I'll miss her.   Read at 19:01
•••

I can't believe my mums leaving me and my uncle didn't even tell me. I keep my emotions in whilst we eat but as soon as we get back to the house I go up to the spare room and cry my eyes out.

(10 years later)
I'm seventeen today meaning it's been ten years since Scarlett left me. I've not heard from her at all. I'm still at my uncles house I moved out about a year ago but he wanted me to come today. He said I should spend the day with my family. Me and Shona drive to Chris' screaming and shouting the words of every song that comes on. I've been with Shona for over two years now and I really think she could be the one . It's the first time Shona's gonna meet my uncle so we're both a bit nervous.
20 minutes later
We arrive at uncle Chris' house and I'm greeted by him and Elsa outside the house.
Chris: so y/n who's this?
Shona: I'm Shona , y/n's girlfriend. It's nice to meet you both.
Elsa: it's nice to meet you too .
I turn to uncle Chris he hasn't said anything but has a huge smile on his face.
Elsa: how long have you been together?
Shona: about two years and four months.
Chris: y/n!   Why haven't we ever met Shona before
Y/n: we've all been busy Chris there's never been a good time.
Chris: I guess that's a good excuse
We make are way inside and we talk for about half an hour.
Y/n: I'll be right back honey will you be okay here.
Shona: I'll be fine
About five minutes later I come out of the bathroom , I hear more voices than there was when I left . I get to the living room and to my shock I see my mother with this little girl and this man.
I walk over to Shona and ask if we can go because I don't want to be in the same room as her.
Chris: y/n please don't leave , I didn't know she'd be here i promise.
Scarlett: come on y/n don't leave just because of me. You haven't even met your sister and stepdad yet.
Y/n: I don't have a sister and I sure as hell don't have a stepdad.
Scarlett: language y/n, don't say things like that in front of rose. She's only five.
Y/n: I can talk however I fxcking want.
We get up and leave , as we're getting in the car I see Chris run out after us apologising . I nod and smile knowing it wasn't his fault.

(6 years later)
It's been six years since I last saw her me and Shona have been married for two years and are now expecting twins. We don't know the gender yet which is good. We decide to go to this little park near our house because it's  a nice summers day.
Shona's outfit

Y/n's outfit

We've been here for about an hour when we start to walk back to the car, I know it's near  the house but my legs were hurting and it was too hot to walk back

We've been here for about an hour when we start to walk back to the car, I know it's near  the house but my legs were hurting and it was too hot to walk back. As we're nearly at the car this person starts honking at me even though they nearly hit me. They park in the spot next to me and this man gets out of the car . He gets out of the car and comes towards us shouting at me.
Colin : watch out bitch you were in my way.
Shona: don't shout at my wife like that dude , she didn't do anything wrong your the one who nearly ran her over.
Colin: well if she had walked quicker than I wouldn't shave nearly hit her would I.
Shona looks like she's gonna punch him right now, which is kinda funny but I know I should stop her.
Y/n: it's okay honey .
I turn to the guy and say to him .
Y/n: I'm sorry if I was walking too slow I'm pregnant and my legs really hurt so I can't move that fast.
He just rolls his eyes at me but at least I tried to be the bigger person .
We're about to walk away when this person starts to walk over to us, someone who just got out of his car. It's Scarlett.
Scarlett: sorry if we nearly- y/n? Omg how are you, you should come over for dinner tonight.
Y/n: why would i do that. You left me an expect me to just have dinner with you after all this time . Fxck no.
Scarlett: come on y/n it's just dinner.
Y/n: I'm tired of your bullshit Scarlett I'm not going anywhere with you.

Scarlett's POV
That's when I notice it. Omg she's pregnant.
Scarlett: I'm gonna be a grandma.
She shakes her head and walks away, but before she's fully to her car she turns around and says .
Y/n: These childen will be lucky I'll try to be a mother. Or a better one than you at least. I'll be there for them instead of leaving them.
I ignore what she said
Scarlett: what gender is my grand baby ?
Y/n: your not grandparent of my child.
And with that she left . I never saw her again.

20/03/22
12:20
1154 words.