Chapter 12 | Appointment

2 Weeks Later

"How do I look?" I ask Ammi with a permanent grin on my face as I flat my hand over my full sleeved light purple floral dress and white leggings under it cause it reaches below my knees and I even have White flowers over the dress so I matched white leggings over it. And I was so proud and happy after choosing this outfit.

"Mash Allah! You look beautiful darling. I am sure they will accept you" she grins happily as she applies butter on the bread.

"Thankyou, but they already did Ammi" I remind her proudly and she makes an 'Ah' face as she remembers "When it was Aiza's time I said the same, so it came out of my mouth, anyways I'll pack some lunch for Arhaan too" Ammi stands up telling me and I nod wearing my hijaab.

"I thought you were going for office?" Aiza walks in her formal attire that is pant like plazo a loose pant to not make her shapes look visible which is a complete lie cause even if it is loose her shapes is visible and a shirt tugged in a little and out little looking like a perfect muslim businesswoman with her hijaab already on point.

"Yes I am" I smile at her, because I am in a very nice mood today.

"You are gonna wear this" she pauses as she eyes my dress up and down "and go to work? Are you serious?" My eyes quickly snaps down to my clothes and a frown makes its way over my face.

"W-What is wrong with this dress?" I nibble on my lower lip as insecurity builds up a little bit in my nerves.

"Nothing is wrong with your dress Aayat" she sighs as she takes a seat on the dining table's chair and crosses her leg.

Abbu hates when people crosses their legs, since he thinks it is not respectful to cross leg when elders are present.

I ignore the urge of glaring at her legs, because if I say something she will start 'my life my rules' type of speech so I keep quiet and concentrate on something more important.

"Their is a uniform code we wear when we work that is formal clothings like what I am wearing and these types of clothes are too informal for work" she teaches me something which she must've know more about it cause she is working since past 2 years.

"Oh but I don't want to resemble a man, how will they identify who is a girl and who is a boy if I wear shirt and pants like them" I pout not wanting Arhaan to think that I am a guy and ignore me.

"For godsake Aayat, do I look like a boy to you then?" She glares at me and I roll my eyes sulking at what to wear but even when my problems are high I do not ignore her I answer to her question.

"Sometimes you do, but your hijaab does the work, because everyone know boys does not wear hijaab" I truthfully tell the girl who rolls her eyes.

"Ammi!! I'll wear Abaya over this!" I tell Ammi with a pout who peeks from the kitchen "Why?" She gawks her eyes at me clear not liking me covering my beautiful dress—but Abaya rocks in every situation.

I am such a bad muslim, instead of saying it is something Allah has asked us to where when we go out I am thankful that it will help me with my insecurities.

"Because she is saying this is not an office outfit and I don't want to wear clothes Abbu and Grandpa wears so I'll wear Abaya" I tell Ammi who shrugs mumbling 'do whatever you want'