Chapter 10 | Proud

Aayat آيت

His words does not only flutter my heart but flutter my kidney, lungs, stomach and all the organs of my body.

That I can feel those edible butterflies having their own concert while they are living their life, I am suffocating here under his intimidating gaze.

How can he so casually tease me?! Oh god, I just want to lift these blankets and hide under them for the rest of my life.

Nibbling on my lower lip hard I keep my eyes on my fingers which I might break from the way I am fiddling so hard.

I hear his handsome chuckle so I take a peak to see him shaking his head with a small smile playing on his lips.

This handsome hunk will be the death of me one day.

I need to calm myself down.

"Okay I was just teasing you, calm down, you look like you will get a panic attack now" he quietly laughs enjoying my misery and I do not hold back from glaring at him.

I think I need to threaten him with a new letter, God Anna was so upset when she read the letter because there wasn't an ounce of threatening in it but it was written with as much as love as I could, but that's not true I tried being rude in that letter but that quote always stopped me 'you never get the second chance to make a great first impression, so first impression should always be the best impression' and I was just following that great human's words.

She was so close to tearing my letter but my glistening eyes stopped her action.

But this time I won't disappoint her! This guy is literally making me a living vegetable.

Arhaan breathes out as he lays down on the cushion "so you are allergic too olives?" He tilts his head to look at me changing the subject to my greatest pleasure "yes" I nod.

And suddenly I remember my first encounter with olives so I do not hold back from letting him know.

"When I was kid Abbu bought olives, and I was very small and a very curious human at that time so when I saw this new looking fruit, I quickly popped it in my mouth—without washing them" I cringe but see Arhaan chuckling but he turn towards me to listen to my stupid story carefully.

"And just in few seconds after I swallowed, I felt like dying, you won't believe Me but I was not able to breathe and my neck was itching so bad that I rubbing and scratching them to the point I injured myself, you know I was so scared that I rushed to the prayer room and opened the book to read Shahada, I was just learning so I didn't remember that quite well but I remembered Ammi telling me that if we read Shahada at our last minutes then we go straight to jannah—" I cut my sentence with a giggle but see the man infront of me sitting up as he is laughing so hardly that it only make me grin at how angelic and calming his laugh is.

"Oh god Aayat, are you serious?" He laughs freely as he scoots closer to listen to me, and I am feeling so shy and overwhelmed that I have already used all the words to describe how I feel and I don't want to bore you all by using same words. But just know that I flying with invisible wings up in the air.

"Then what happened?" He asks me looking so interested in my story "then, I was sitting and praying all alone asking forgiveness from Allah for stealing my sister's chocolate, and for hiding mark sheets from Ammi but soon my loud cries were heard and Abbu came rushing to me, but I was not leaving the prayer mat, Because I wanted to go straight to jannah" I laugh hiding my face at this embarrassing story which till date gives us a good laugh.