[.14] kaeya fluff

┆kaeya x gn!reader

— Song requested is called 'everything stays' by adventure time.
italics mean flashback
bold letters mean singing

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

It was times when Kaeya held you in his arms, on his lap, you felt the safest. When you two would sit on a small cliff, overlooking Mondstadt at 7pm. At this time, he'd usually be sitting in Diluc's tavern, drunk and on the verge of passing out, but instead he had other plans. You didn't mind his chin that rested on your shoulder, nor the cool breeze that visibly made you shiver. His breathing was as calm as the night, enough to let you know he was probably sleeping.

You hummed a tune, relaxing your body into Kaeya's chest and listening to the whistling of the calm wind. Being alone with Kaeya tends to be a rare occurrence. Despite you two being together in a relationship, Kaeya claims he has a lot of favonius work to attend to. You never knew being able to speak with him would be so difficult.

"Kaeya, just listen —" You'd say to him, clinging onto his shoulders before Jean would interrupt with a clear of her throat. Kaeya saw the prominent frown on your face at the time, and gave you an apologetic smile. Before disappearing, he leaned into your ear, telling you he knew a spot where you two could meet - pressing a kiss to your cheek and leaving you be.

Which is where you found yourself now - in Kaeya's arms, sitting on a cliff that presented Mondstadt in all its glory. You heaved a sigh, starting to grow tired from being in the same position for so long. The tune you hummed soon turned into you singing it aloud. Kaeya wasn't asleep, in fact he was just slightly lethargic, probably from all the knights work.

"Let's go in the garden,
You'll find something waiting,
Right there where you left it,
Lying upside down."

Feeling the weight of his chin leave your shoulder made you turn your head to him. A smile spread across his features, he was grinning like an idiot, which you found quite cute but decided not to admit out loud. You both gaped at each other for longer than anticipated, before he broke the silence.

"Keep going, I love your voice."

It was a simple sentence, and it managed to make your heart flutter. Kaeya planted a kiss to your neck, before stopping and nuzzling his face into it. A light laugh sounded from you. You ignored the heat coming to your cheeks and continued on singing aloud, squeezing his hands tighter than you usually would.

Kaeya's cheek now pressed against your shoulder, his only visible eye studying every little feature of you. The pitch of your voice was just right, it was rather velvety and angelic - just to Kaeya's liking. The volume of your voice was tuned down to a whisper-soft level. The grin made its way back onto his lips, his heart was racing, he was so madly in love..

And he wouldn't have it any other way.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

┆thank you for reading, requests will be open again soon woop woop