You... You what?

Fun Fact: The first note Hari wrote to Kai (The one from the last chapter said, 'Hey Kai, hope that your Father isn't too terrible today, and I hope the Blood Drain doesn't hurt too much. Have a nice day! (P.S If you can't come tonight, I'll make sure to bring some things for you tomorrow)

Age Update: 14

~

Kai flipped to the next page of their Exchange Diary. 'Hari's handwriting is unusually shakey...' He thought as he read the note. As he read it he slowly got confused. 'What does that even mean? Of course, he likes me were friends right?' Kai was confused, maybe he just said that to reassure him. 'I'll ask him in the morning.'

~

Hari was breathing fairly heavily, he was kinda nervous. 'So you really confessed?' He nodded. Sakaki nodded, 'Finally I was wondering when you'd finally gain the courage to tell him.'

The door to the closet opened, they had talked to the Principal, and they told them about their last school. He said that there was an empty closet that they could decorate and stay in between classes. He then showed them where it was and just told them the only rule was to not cause too much trouble. To which they happily obliged.

'Hey Hari,' Kai asked, holding up the Exchange Diary. 'Can we talk?'

Deidoro and Shin excused themselves so that they could talk alone. However, they stayed outside the door so that they could listen in. What? These two were their best friends, they had a right to eavesdrop on their love life.

Kai sat down on the beanbag Hari had bought, 'So, did you just write that down that you liked me because you thought I was worried I thought you were faking it?'

Hari stared in disbelief, 'What?'

'I mean I didn't think that you were faking it but I'd understand if you were worried. I'm not the best at accepting that people can like me.'

'In more ways than one apparently...' Hari thought, 'Kai do you know what a lover is?'

'Someone who loves people?' Kai tried.

'You're closer than you think.' Hari chuckled. 'Kai, a lover is what you'd call someone you're dating.'

'Oh, so why bring that up?'

'Kai I love you the way a lover loves someone. Kai, I want to date you.'

Kai stared at him, too stunned to even move. 'You... You what?'

'Kai I love you.' He said again. Worried that Kai would leave he closed his eyes.

'I've... Never had a boyfriend before. What do boyfriends even do?'

'I don't know myself honestly.' Hari muttered, 'Wait does that mean that you-'

'Hari, I don't know what it's called. But you make me feel something. I like the feeling. I don't want it to go away. I don't want you to go away.' He got up and got on his knees before Hari, holding his hand. 'I think I love you too.'

Hari started crying, 'Really?'

Kai looked at him genuinely, 'Yes.'

'So are we..?'

'Dating? Yes.'

The door burst open and Sakaki hugged Kai while Nemoto immediately ran to Hari.

Sakaki yelled while laughing, 'Yes finally! You two oblivious love birds are finally together!'

'Were you two listening?!' Hari asked.

'Yes, you glorious idiots. I personally am happy for you two because it was getting painful watching you both obviously in love but neither of you knew the other loved them. It was like a terrible romcom.'

'What's a romcom?' Kai asked, still trying to get Sakaki off of him.

'We'll explain later.' Hari laughed.