Chapter 16

The two settled themselves in Azazal's car, who wasn't pleased with the extra company and occasionally kept glaring at Azrozan; who ignored them with the least amount of subtlety.

"The place I booked only has one room." Azazal said making the duo smirk.

"Oh gross!" Azazal exclaimed once he realized what the smirks meant. They drove the rest of the way in silence except Rolling Stones playing in the background.

Azazal stopped the car near a dark blue pickup truck and looked over at Azrozan who was lost in thought. Azazal rested his hand on his best friend's thigh and gave it a squeeze.

"You're coming back Azra." Azazal reminded him.

"Am I?" Azrozan; ever the pessimist had to ask.

"I will make sure of it." Azazal said.

"Could you give us a minute?" Azrozan asked Seraphina.

"Of course; thanks for the ride Azazal." She said and stepped out of the car.

"You will be fine Azra." Azazal reassured.

"I know; I have her. I need you to do something for me."

"Anything, name it."

"Talini said she would find the real shooter so that they can dismiss the trial with fair bloodshed."

"Alright?"

"I need you to find him before her."

"You don't trust her?"

"Not the point, to dismiss the trial they would need to prove that Cael shot Abdiel. Zal, they will make sure the actual shooter disappears."

"You want him punished."

"I want to be the one to punish him."

"Alright, I will get on it straight away."

"Thank you, brother." Azazal just smiled and gave his thigh a squeeze before exiting the vehicle.

The trio transferred the luggage from the car to the truck in silence. Once the stuff was intact in its place, Azazal engulfed Azrozan in a bone crushing hug.

"Take care, brother." Azazal mumbled in his neck; Azrozan nodded in acknowledgment. They pulled apart and Azrozan took his place on the driver's seat of the truck.

Azazal extended his hand for Seraphina who took it hesitantly. His gaze dropped to the tattoo on her arm and he let out a sigh.

"Look after him." He said.

Talini sighed as she cuddled further into Ariel. The two were just counting days until Ariel leaves and Talini gets married. The thought made her move further into her girlfriend.

"Jesus fucking Christ baby! Would you please stop moving?" Ariel groaned as Talini moved for what felt like the millionth time.

"I can't sleep!"

"I can tell."

"I'm worried."

"About Sera?"

"About everything; I am worried about her, I am worried about you, I am worried about the trial, and I am worried about getting the clan." Talini was hyperventilating at this point.

"Hey hey! Calm down mea nix reginae, Seraphina trusts the guy; she will be safe with him and plus she knows how to protect herself."

"It's been two weeks Ari; she hasn't contacted us in anyway."

"Darling she is on the run; it will take her time to establish a safe enough communication line and I am sure; as soon as she has one, she will contact us." Ariel said. Talini let out a breath.