Chapter 6

Seraphina refused to look at the figure. She didn't have to. She knew that voice. Of course she knew that voice. That voice has been a part of her life since the age of nine. Of course puberty changed it a bit but not much.

The voice belonged to Ariel.

Azrozan's eyes were fixed on Ariel. His expression was blank. Seraphina kept looking at him. The silence in the room was beginning to weigh more and more by each passing second.

"Seraphina, quid hic agatur?" (what is going on here?) asked Ariel. Seraphina couldn't find her voice. She anyway didn't have an answer, so silence was what she opted.

"I was lost panniculum. I was asking for her help." Azrozan lied.

"I am not talking to you garcon." Ariel replied, her voice sharp. Ariel stepped closer to Seraphina. Azrozan's eyes following her every movement.

"Seraphina, answer me." Ariel said. Seraphina gulped and turned around to face her best friend. Ariel looked beautiful. If she were a royal, she would have been married by now.

Seraphina was aware of the fact that Ariel didn't exactly believe Azrozan.

"I found him wandering outside the house. I recognized him to be a waiter as he was wearing a mask. He said he was looking for the restroom." explained Seraphina.

"The restroom is not in the basement. It's in the cottage above." said Ariel.

"I wanted to explore." interrupted Azrozan

"Speak again and I will slit your bloody throat, without getting in trouble." Ariel gritted.

Azrozan recoiled under her gaze. It is not easy to make Azrozan Archfiend nervous or uncomfortable but no one in the entire universe can face a provoked Ariel.

"Ariel, there is no need to talk to him like this." Seraphina defended.

"You can't leave the party in the middle just to show an exploring fool around." Ariel said, completely ignoring Seraphina's comment. Azrozan had a comment right on his tongue but he decided against saying out loud.

"I had no work there. Malak made his choice; I had nothing to do there."

"You still need to be there. You are a royal for heaven's sake." Ariel said.

"I just needed to clear my head."

"Don't give me that excuse."

Seraphina chose to be silent. She stole a glance at Azrozan. He looked as though, if given the chance he would run.

Literally run.

"I need you to come back with me to the party." Ariel said as she made a move to exit the basement. Just before leaving, she turned around and said, "Bring this roving fool with you. We need the waiters we hired to work." And then she was out.

"Wow, she is mean."

"Shut up and walk."

The pair exited the basement and proceeded towards the house. The two exchanged no words while walking. Just before entering the house, Seraphina stopped and turned around to face Azrozan.

"The moment we enter, you go towards the kitchen. I will stay at the party and after some time I will go look for your friend. Once he is out I will come and get you and you will leave." Seraphina instructed.

"How will you find him?"

"Leave that to me. Just tell me his name."

"Azazal Archfiend. He is also dressed like me."