-Seven-

"How is he?" Rick stares at Gabriella who is staring at the unconscious boy, next to Alex looking like if they were married from how the baby boy looked like both of them. "He's out of danger for the moment, but I need to remove the remaining fragments." She explains

"How? You saw how he was." He said loudly not loud enough to be a shout but not low enough to be a whisper or normal talking.

"I know, and that was the shallowest one. I need to go deeper to get the others" she explains to the unknown man. "Oh, man.-There's more. Tell me."
A tiny footsteps is heard, a little girl goes to Alex side, tucking on his shirt.

"His belly's distended, his pressure's dropping, which means there's internal bleeding. A fragment must have nicked one of the blood vessels. I have to open him up, find the bleeder and stitch it. And he can't move while I'm in there. I mean, at all. If he reacts the same as before, I'll sever an artery and he'll be dead in minutes-"

"-To even try this, I have to put him under. But if I do, he won't be able to breathe on his own. Same bad results." She explained before looking at her daughter now being hold by the guys next to her

"What'll it take?" Rick asked as soon as she finished explaining "You need a respirator. What else?" Otis asked Hershell turns to her who snaps back to reality.

"The tube that goes with it, extra surgical supplies, drapes, sutures. I'm not even sure is that will be anywhere by now" Rick face lights up slightest news "If you had all that, you could save him?"

"If I had all that, I could. But Im not-I need to be a mother first. So hershell will be taking over" she said with a tear forming.

"Nearest hospital went up in flames a month ago. The high school." Otis informed "That's what I was thinkin'. They set up a FEMA shelter there. They would have everything we need." Herhsell says shrugging. Gabriella takes Genevieve from alexs hand.

"Place was overrun last time I saw it. You couldn't get near it- Maybe it's better now." Shane looks at otis "I said, leave the rest to me. Is it too late to take that back?" Rick stares at shane "I hate you goin' alone. Come on. Doc, why don't you do me a list, draw me a map."

"You won't need a map- I'll take you there. Ain't but five miles."

Patricia crosses her arm "Otis, no" Otis turns to her "Honey, we don't have time for guesswork and I'm responsible. I ain't gonna sit here while this fella takes this on alone. I'll be all right" Shane looks at them "Are you sure about this?" Otis looks at him "Do you even know what any of the stuff he's talking about looks like?"