-Six-

A Woman is with Lori looking at their Students "I know that look

Students "I know that look. Then you get really quiet. So, are you gonna tell me?"

Lori scoffed at her words, waving at Carl who is with a little girl with black braided hair

"We had a fight this morning. It got ugly, hurtful." Lori crossing her pale arms that make her look sick, the Woman look so what sad to her "I'm sorry, hon...Men can be real big jackasses"

Lori shrugs "Thing is, if we're being honest, he wasn't the asshole." The Woman nods understanding her situation

"Ah, got ya."

"He was trying so hard to be reasonable. It just pushed my buttons all the more. God, I sometimes wish he would just have it out with me.. And blow up, tell me I'm being a bitch, if that's what I'm being. Instead, he's just so.. " she looks down at her words

The Woman rest her hands on Loris "Don't beat yourself up." Lori smiles at her "No? You can't tell me that being pissed at your husband because he doesn't yell at you is even close to being rational."

"That's one problem I don't have with Tom. "

Lori smiles at her coworker "But you still love him." The Woman looks shocked at her word "S-Sure, I do- Might as well. We're lifers." Lori tilts her head "I admire your pragmatism."

"Do You still love Rick?"

Lori stares at her "I've been asking myself that a lot, and-and I-I think the answer's "yes." It's just, I'm trying to remember how that works. Maybe the only real problem we have is we got married so young. It's-" Lori is cut off by the sounds of sirens, coming closer to the two women.

Lori face drops "Is he alive?" The male; Shane " He's in surgery." Lori tilts her head "How?" She wondered out loud "There was a radio call that said that there was two suspects in a car, but there was a third man. Somebody screwed up. I screwed up. I ju-I did not see him in time- Lori, it's my fault."

"I-I don't believe that. What do I say? How do I tell my son his father's been shot?"

"You don't have to do it alone

Now / 3RD POV

Gabriella walk inside the house, seeing blood is on the floor. She had come back from a food run. "You know his blood type?" Hershells voice echos trough the house.

"A-positive-- s-same as mine" She walk in the room "Gabriel sit, That's fortunate. Don't wander far- I'm gonna need you. What happened?"

Hershell asked to the man with his outfit covered in his kids blood and Otis. She is startled by the sight of a kid with a bullet hole in his stomach.

She turn to Otis "I was tracking a buck. bullet went through it. Went clean through." She looked at the bullet whole again "The deer slowed the bullet down, which certainly saved his life, but it did not go through clean. It broke up into pieces.-" She cut Hershell off "If I can get the bullet fragments out.. And I'm countin' six." Otis looks at the father "I never saw him. Not until he was on the ground."