Chapter 15 ~ Of Mates and Vengeful Ones (Part 2)

"Are you sure we should still go to the gathering, Hiccup?" Kala asked as I helped her secure her freshly cleaned cloak.

We had washed all our clothes in the lagoon by the clearing earlier in the day once I got the hang of everything and were now getting ready to head back to the outpost.

I sighed and kissed her forehead. "We'll be alright milady. I'm sure there aren't that many people that actually believe what Astrid is spewing. Plus everyone will be so focused on the party that they won't pay us any mind." I reasoned as I untucked her long midnight locks from her cloak, brushing my hand against her mate mark as I brought her locks to the front. For that brief moment, she leaned into it.

"I suppose you're right. Just nervous to go back there after so long I guess." She said with a sigh as she looked down, fidgeting with the strings of her tunic.

I smiled softly and lifted her head to make eye contact with her. "Everything will be perfectly fine love. I promise. We don't even have to stay that long. We'll all go for one day and then head right back home, deal?"

She smiled and nodded. "Deal."

I kissed her softly then rested my forehead against hers. "Good. You ready to head back now?"

I felt her nod and we kissed once more before separating. Kala transformed and I mounted her back, securing myself to the saddle and opening her prosthetic. She took to the air a split second later.

~~~HTLANF~~~

When we got back we noticed the others were gathered in the clubhouse with Heather. The dragons were all at the stables conversing with Windshear.

I landed right outside the clubhouse and Hiccup dismounted a second later. I transformed as we made our way into the clubhouse.

"Hey Heather. This is a surprise. Didn't know you would be coming over." I said with a small smile.

"Well you would if you two didn't run off yesterday." Snotlout said with his arms crossed.

"Yeah, where in Odin's name were you guys?" Ruffnut asked, also having her arms crossed.

"Umm.." Hiccup and I said, both trying to hide our mate marks. Not quite ready to tell them we mated the night before.

"That doesn't matter right now you guys." Heather butted in. "What matters right now is figuring out what to do about this." She held up two posters, each a wanted poster for Hiccup and I respectfully.

"Wait what?!" I shrieked as I grabbed the wanted poster of me. It wasn't that good of a drawing. It seemed like they tried to mix together my human form and dragon form to make me look more demonic and threatening and didn't do that good of a job at it.

I looked over at Hiccup, who was looking at his own and could tell he was very unhappy about this as well.

"Where did you find these Heather?" Hiccup asked, his displeasure seeping out with his words.

"There were bounty hunters and even dragon hunters that were hanging them up on every island they went to. Brought them to Berserker Island yesterday morning. Seems like Viggo is getting desperate." She explained, a hand making its way to rest on her hip.

"I don't think it's just Viggo.." I realized. "The Grimborn brothers don't know what I look like as a human..but there's someone that does.."

"Oh you have got to be kidding. You don't think she would do something like that, do you?" Snotlout asked, realizing what I was getting at.

"She tried to kill her twice Snotlout. At this point, I wouldn't put it past Hofferson to go to the enemy for help. She's as stubborn as any other Viking and won't stop until she either gets what she wants or is shown that she doesn't have a chance at succeeding." Hiccup retorted with his arms crossed.

"Hiccup has a point guys." Fishlegs chimed in. "We all saw how she reacted when we found out about Hiccup's transformation and everything that was in the journal. Well, except for Heather."

Heather smiled a bit. "I'm just glad you guys let me in on that info."

"My point is, we all know how Astrid can be when it comes to things she wants. I wouldn't put it past her if she pulled something like going to Viggo to get what she's after. Which is Hiccup to herself and Kala out of the picture." Fishlegs finished.

"Please tell me you're not planning on us going back to Berk with all this going down.." Tuffnut pleaded.

I looked at my mate and saw the gears turning as he thought things through.

"Well we can't really miss out on this. It's the 400 year anniversary for Berk. We'll just have to be cautious when we go." Hiccup decided.

"Are you serious?! Hiccup there are bounties on both of you! Not to mention the psycho herself will be there!" Snotlout shouted, freaked out about all of this.

"I hate to say it, but Snotlout has a point. Not only would you be in a crowded area where bounty hunters could easily blend in and make their move, but Astrid could make a move at any given time." Heather explained, arms crossed and her weight all shifted to one foot.

Snotlout smirked with his arms crossed. "See? Heather agrees."

"I get your concerns guys, but we'll only be there for a day. Just to show we still care about Berk and haven't abandoned it. Does everyone agree with that?" Hiccup asked, his leader voice coming through.

Our friends all sighed and nodded in agreement.

"Fine. We'll go for a day. It's gonna be nerve racking as Hel though." Snotlout begrudgingly said, the others nodding along, all agreeing with Snotlout's statement which was a rare sight.

"Then it's decided." I said, my nerves hidden as I let my leadership mask up. "We'll head to Berk in the morning."

~~~HTLANF~~~