☆ 15 ☆

┌─・。゚: ∘◦☾◦∘。゚. ─┐

Minho wasn't part of the lucky 10%.

But deep down Chan already knew that he wasn't going to be.

He knew Minho was sick and as much as Minho tried to hide it he was only getting worse.

Yet Chan had still managed to almost entirely convince himself that Minho would wake up after the surgery and go back to his usual self. The happy Minho from the night Chan had turned 18. The Minho who constantly fantasized about living a perfect life with his soulmate up until he realized those fantasies would never come true.

Chan wasn't sure what to do at first, he most definitely couldn't bring himself to read the note Minho had given him yet.

He felt so much pain yet absolutely nothing at the same time. It hurt when he thought about Minho being gone yet he also couldn't seem to comprehend that he actually wasn't ever going to get to see him again.

After seeing Minho's soulmate tattoo, he felt unexplainably happy looking at his own.

Now, however, it just hurt.

He missed the feeling from the first time he and Minho had kissed.

The euphoric feeling that was so addicting, both of them wished that night would have lasted forever.

He wanted to feel that feeling one more time but now he couldn't.

His soulmate was gone.

And he was the one who told Minho to do the surgery.

He knew Minho wouldn't want him to blame himself but part of him couldn't help it.

He still didn't know what the right answer to Minho's question would have been but he wished he would have chosen the opposite of what he did.

He kept the letter from Minho on his nightstand for weeks. Even after Minho's funeral which he thought would maybe provide some closure, he couldn't open it.

That was until one day he finally decided that it was time, even if he didn't feel like it was yet.

But before he did, he wanted to do something else, for Minho.

After what happened, he started wearing long sleeves all the time simply to cover his tattoo. He now hated the sight of it because it was the most obvious sign that he was running out of time with his soulmate yet they both simply brushed it off.

This day specifically was the first day he hadn't worn a long-sleeved shirt but that was because he was going to go get another tattoo.

Hyunjin and Seungmin both went with him for moral support. If they weren't there, who knows how Chan would have handled the situation.

They both made jokes and talked to him about random things, some of the time about Minho but they tried to stay away from that subject.

It still hurt and Chan of course still missed him like crazy. Today happened to be one of the days in which he felt better than usual but those days were extremely rare.

Once the tattoo artist was done he looked at his shoulder which now had a new small black ink image on it...right where Minho used to always lay his head.

There, he had two small outlines of cats, their tails formed a heart, and one of them had angel wings. Underneath the two cat figures the words, "waiting for us," were written neatly.

He got what Minho had been hoping for since he was 7.

He just wished Minho would be there with him, getting a small cat tattoo with him.

But he wasn't.

And it was time for Chan to accept that.

This is why he sat down on his bed when he got home and grabbed the letter that had been folded up and untouched for weeks now.

He let out a heavy sigh as he finally opened it up and began reading.

~~~

hey channie, i actually don't know how to start this because there's way too much stuff going through my brain right now but i hope you're doing well.

i'm holding you aren't blaming yourself for what happened because even if i hadn't asked you, i think i would have chosen to get the surgery anyway.

other than the fact that you are in it, life is becoming quite miserable.

so i guess one of the things that i want to say to you is thank you.

thank you for being my best friend for years, for waiting for way longer than i should have made you for us to become more than that, and for being an amazing boyfriend and soulmate...even though i didn't get to experience that part for a very long time.

even so, you managed to make that small amount of time seem just how i had imagined it would be.

even though the situation i'm in should be scary, it's not because you're here.

i hope you know how much i love you.

i also hope i said it to you in person but in case i didn't, please know that i love you.

however don't let that hold you back because i do love you and i always will but i'm not there to say it or show that to you anymore.

you deserve someone who can remind you constantly just how much they love you.

about our conversation as to whether or not someone has more than one soulmate; you may not have another person with the same tattoo, maybe you do, i'm not entirely sure how it's gonna work but i know there's someone else out there who will be able to stay with you and make you happier for much longer than i was able to.

please don't try to push that person away when you find them. you deserve them.

thank you for waiting for us, i wish we could have lasted longer.

- lee minho

└─・。゚: ∘◦☾◦∘。゚. ─┘

the end