☆ 9 ☆

┌─・。゚: ∘◦☾◦∘。゚. ─┐

It was finally Minho's 18th birthday yet he wasn't spending it in the way he had imagined as a kid at all.

He wasn't with Chan and he definitely wasn't excited, in fact, he was dreading midnight more and more with each second that passed.

Chan had asked him if he could come over and celebrate with him but Minho refused and claimed that he "had to do stuff with family."

His mom was still awake, also waiting for Midnight to approach but she was downstairs rather than in the room with him.

He panicked once he realized that it was already 11:59 as he stared at his writer, ironically hoping that the tattoo on Chan's wrist wouldn't appear on his as well.

He had always wished for the opposite up until a few months ago but now he would do anything for Chan's tattoo to not appear on his wrist.

The hourglass did have a special meaning for them.

But it wasn't Chan's patience.

He felt hot tears fall down his face the moment he saw the grey lines on his wrist begin to form a small hourglass on his wrist.

He already knew it was going to happen yet there was a small part of him that up until this point, still believed he would get something else and he would be able to convince Chan to go find his real soulmate.

"Please, no," he mumbled as he roughly tried to rub the darkening ink off of his wrist though there was no use.

He eventually stopped as he pulled his knees up to his chest, his head leaning against his head bored of his bed as he let out sobs that didn't seem like they were going to stop anytime took.

He hated himself for being Chan's soulmate.

"Minho sweetie," his mom said quietly as she walked into his room and pulled him into a hug.

"It's so unfair," he cried as he glanced down at his tattoo. "He deserves someone who can make him happy and stay with him for a really long time."

"You've been making him happy since you were kids," she explained though she really wasn't sure how she could comfort him in this situation.

She completely understood why Minho would feel bad about being Chan's soulmate.

"But I'm stupid and refused to even go on a date with him and now I can't even tell him that I'm his soulmate."

"What do you mean you can't tell him, sweetie?"

"I want him to find someone else." Minho explained, "this isn't fair to him."

"You aren't going to tell him?"

"No, that would only end up hurting him more."

"Or he can enjoy the time he has to be your soulmate with no regrets. I don't think hiding it from him is the right way to go," she replied as he ran her hand loosely through his hair, feeling a few tears fall down her own face in the process.

"I don't want to waste any more of his time," Minho stated.

└─・。゚: ∘◦☾◦∘。゚. ─┘