Prologue

Trigger warning: this story contains mature content such as racism, islamophobia, swearing, bad words, mentions of anxiety, depression and eating desorders. If you feel uncomfortable with any of these, please, be careful. My dms are always open if you need to talk.  Also, I apologize for any mistakes you might find, English is not my first language.

The boys were happy. They were young and they felt as full of energy and life as any boy their age would feel in their position. At such a young age, they had conquered the whole world not only because of their magnificent voices but also due to their bubbling personalities and their nice looks. But again, they were barely young adults at the time.

Their relationship was still intact, going stronger every time they were together – which was basically all the time. Harry and Louis could enjoy each others company without fearing the rumors or facing their management each time they considered them to be 'too close for their own good'. Louis was still sassy and funny and he would sleep through the night without the need of any kind of substance; Harry was yet a kid full of innocence and oblivious to what they were getting into; Liam didn't feel the need to drink all his problems to be able to face the world when everything became too much – which nowadays, was pretty often; Niall would just spend his time fooling around the other guys with his guitar while the boys sang along the melodies he played, like there were no worries in the world; and Zain, well, Zain was still this happy Zain. He would still laugh and talk in interviews instead of being there and being asked questions that he had not the strength to face nor to answer. He would eat all his meals instead of chain smoking until his head ached and his mind felt a bit less clouded. Zain was still happy with his life to the point of not being able to imagine himself doing anything else away from this industry and this four guys that he considered to be his brothers.

Little did he knew, this happiness he was feeling would be gone for good in no time.