047

"Taehyung.. I love you."

"I love you so much.. I do."

Her words flew out with an embrace emitting immense love out of her tiny body.

The three words, the three simplest words which just came through her soul— caused the entire universe to shake in extreme excitement. Taehyung literally couldn't describe his ecstasy.

"But—," As soon as she added, agent Kim Taehyung knew that the bad news was just around the corner.

He just tightened his arms around her tiny waist. Because he knew for a fact that a 'But' after a happy reassuring response was a never good message in the very first place.

People don't usually use a 'but' if they had a positive response to reply to a statement. He knew that her 'But' was literally going to shatter a heart.

If not, shatter his heart.

"Please, Chae." He begged. His forehead rested on her slender shoulder.

He was slowly starting to get paranoid of her next words. Paranoid, that if he loosens up his grip around her— then, he would ultimately lose her forever.

"Taehyung," Roseanne tried to pull out of his arms— before eventually giving in to his embrace. "Tae.. please listen to me.." She called out again in a very soft voice.

"If I ever have a chance to fall in love again." She muttered against his neck while softly patting his head.

"I know for sure that I would definitely fall in love with you."

His heart broke at her response.

"But not now.... not today...." She added quietly.

He could have begged her. He could have gotten onto his knees, and beg her to love him back.

But he knew for sure that love— didn't work like that.

Taehyung's love for her— totally compelled him to let her go. And love, for all that he had known— worked like that.

"I am in love with someone else. Tae." Roseanne slowly talked as her face rested on his heaving chest. "I have fallen too deep to actually fall out of it." She whispered.

"I am sorry.. Tae.."

He knew.

He knew who she was actually talking about, and thinking about that person— eventually broke his heart even more.

"You smoke?" Taehyung turned around, his eyes following the source of the voice.

"Well, unfortunately— as you can see," He replied, looking away. The smoke that was coming out of his expensive cigarette eventually vanishing away.

"Does she know?" The man in the black tuxedo asked as he slowly walked towards him with a cigarette over his hand.

"Who?" Taehyung asked.

As much as agent Kim Taehyung hated to see him, he knew for a fact that he could not see him as his competition anymore. Because the truth was— agent Jeon Jungkook had already won the game. The game in which both- Taehyung and Jungkook were the players.

"My mom?" Taehyung questioned, while earning a soft chuckle from the person who was approaching him.

"No," Jungkook humorously replied as he lighten up his cigarette as well. "I was talking about Park Roseanne, does she know that you smoke?" He added. Puffing out the white air from his first sip.

"Even if she did, Roseanne wouldn't care.."
Taehyung immediately laughed at his question, whilst enjoying the view while standing near the railing. It was one of his best places to enjoy his leisure time.

"She wouldn't care?" Jungkook paused, confused at his statement. He was feeling a bit offended by his words.

"Is that a question or a statement?"

"Well, take it how ever you want to perceive it, Kim." Agent Jeon Jungkook would literally die for the care, she has for him.

Like, weren't they lovers after all.

"She wouldn't care, Jungkook-shi." Taehyung uttered. His heart stinging in immense pain as he spoke.

"Even if she did. Roseanne wouldn't care about me, not as much as I desire her to do so," Taehyung mumbled in a very low voice, but loud enough for agent Jeon Jungkook to hear.

After-all, you are the one she actually likes.

"She is not giving up the micro chip. It seems like it is already handed over to the other authorities. The North doesn't have it.. neither does the South. By this phase they will catch up with our location... sir,"

The man bowed his head with his utmost respect as he waited for his boss to turn around and appreciate his presence.

"Min Ho, you have always been my trusted man." He looked up at the direction of the voice.

"You have helped me flee the North, and you have also looked after my daughter. How should I ever repay you?" The man eventually turned around with a revolver placed over his hand.

"Sir, there is no need for your repayment... my loyalty—," A loud sound suddenly echoed through the room as his boss's revolver the silenced the entire scene.

"Min Ho, don't get ahead of yourself..." The boss calmly talked with his voice as bold as the steel. He looked calm, but the word calm was as same as being angry to a wanted mafia.

"You have failed to get my daughter here, Min Ho. Our factories in the US, Italy and India has also been seized all because of the small micro-chip that you failed to get." Min Ho's head didn't rise up, he was afraid of the consequences if he opened his mouth.

"With all of your failures I could have shot you right into your head, but fortunately— the wall behind you always ends up becoming the victim." The boss walked towards him with the revolver still over his hand.

The Mafia's trust on Min Ho was completely deteriorated when agent Park Roseanne and agent Jeon Jungkook had eliminated his long-term partner.

Min Ho was kept as an observer during that night when Yoon Seok was assassinated. He had failed to locate Roseanne and Jungkook back then.

"I can only be glad that the chip doesn't contain anything about me. Let her get to us .. Min Ho..... it's been a while— since I have my daughter.."

_unedited.

A/n

Ohh~
Something feisty is coming up!!
Stay safe, eat healthy
Don't forget to vote and comment<3

With love
Author Yangki.