14. Shopping

Four days passed after that incident when I got sick. Achilles hasn't let me out of the room, I have fought with him plenty of times over it, but he just said that I attract trouble. He has let me out of the room, and I can freely roam around his house, but I am getting agitated now. I have nothing to do apart from sleeping and eating. First Day when he stopped locking my room door and permitted me to wander around the house. I looked around the place out of curiosity.

I went to his room too, which was very simple, just a bed in the centre, he has a closet room too and a bathroom. His house is very simple, almost empty. There is no homey feeling here. I hate it when I am alone here, Beatrice came twice a day with food and spent an hour with me, but then she had to go to her clinic. I asked her to talk to him to let me out even if I was allowed to go to only Beatrice's place. I would be happy, but that stubborn man didn't listen to her even.

She is also a little wary of me now as I got myself into trouble the last time I went to her cottage, but it was just a one-time thing. It's not that I am a stupid girl.

Achilles spents most of his day out to God knows where, I am not interested but having him around me is better than being alone at least I don't talk to myself when he is around eventhough I only fight with him when he is around and he only listens quietly but it feels good. I don't know when he will lose his patience with me but for now I am in a good place.

I went to the kitchen to see if there was something to eat, I felt bad that Beatrice cooks for me when I am capable of cooking myself. The main door is locked, and Achilles has the key. He gave it to Beatrice only when she came with food, so there is no trying to escape.

There was nothing in the kitchen, just a few utensils, and that's it and some water, thankfully. Is this even called a house? The furniture here is scarce. Only a couch in the living room. A table with two chairs in the kitchen and that's it. Only my room has a little more furniture than the whole house, a bed, Almirah, side tables, desk and a chair.

It seems like this house is newly made and wasn't in use for quite some time.

"What are you doing?" He asked from behind, and I jumped in surprise.

"You scared me," I scowled at him at his sudden appearance.

"Do you need something?" He asked me as he eyed the open cabinets.

"Can you even call this place a home? There is nothing to eat, and I am hungry, " I told him with a huff.

"I will ask mother to bring something for you," he told me and was about to turn around.

"She is not the one who kidnapped me, I am not her responsibility. You should cook for me, not her, " I said, crossing my arms in front of me.

"I can't cook," he said.

"You can kill surely," I mumbled quietly.

"You don't even have any food items here," I complained.

"You will cook if I bring food?" He asked.

"It's not like I have any other thing to do," I stated as a matter of fact.

"Fine, I will go buy a few things," he said and went towards the door.