Chapter 9.5

The doorbell rang, and she ran through the condo trying to find the front door. She didn't hear Levi's footsteps so he definitely wasn't going to get it.

As soon as the door opened Ruby was attacked in a bear hug; her lungs and shoulder utterly crushed under the stranger's grip.

"Gangsta! Oh gawd, I thought you-you...died." Eren said, sobbing into her shoulder. The tears and snot was bleeding through her shirt in the matter of seconds. She groaned.

"T-that's gross!" She muttered but he refused to let her go.

"Eren don't kill the poor boy, you imbecile." Armin said. Peering behind Eren's head she could see him. From what she remembered he always appeared like he was scowling but for once...he looked relieved, his eyebrows relaxed.

"Who would I bug if you were dead?" Wren mumbled. Ruby stood there frozen. They were acting like they actually missed her...weren't they just Levi servants who didn't care for humans?

Armin grabbed Eren's hoodie, yanking him backward. A snot string hung in the air from Eren's face to Ruby's shoulder. Armin griminaced.

"Disgusting." he said crossly. Eren whipped his puffy eyes.

"Sorry...I just couldn't help it...I thought he died." She guessed Levi didn't tell them she was a girl...well she didn't mind. Armin rolled his eyes before turning his icy blue gaze to Ruby. He crossed his arms.

"You look better human...I didn't think you'd wake up...not that I care...It's just that as Levi's butler I should be watchful of his blood bag." Ruby scrunched her face up not knowing how to respond.

"O-okay?" She mustered out. He glared at her before scratching the back of his head.

"I mean...it's good you're alive.'' He said. Eren, who was wiping his face, laughed.

"That translates to I want a hug but don't wanna say it, In Armin language. What a sweetheart." Armin elbowed him in the stomach, his face a shred of red.

"Why does nothing but nonsense ever leave your mouth?"Armin said.  Ruby chuckled, trying to stop the laugh in her throat. They were hilarious.

Wavering she reached over, giving Armin a quick hug. He stiffened under her touch, but didn't push her away. There was a pleased expression on his face. Motioning  them in the house, she shut the door. It was really bothering her how they were acting...

"Uh-...just c-curious...why would you g-guys miss a human like me?" She said underneath her breath, Eren jabbed her shoulder.

"Because we're friends." He said.

"Friends." She repeated under her breath.  Ruby shrugged leading them to the kitchen...but she couldn't stop the bubbly feeling in her chest. Friends huh? A brief memory of Sasha came to mind and she shook it off. It's not like Eren and Armin could have another motive, she was basically Levi's possession. What could they get from her? That could only mean they actually liked her for who she was.

They sat at the dinner table, Armin looked around. Though some would think this place was clean this was the worst he'd ever seen it. Just what happened to Levi after Roody went into a coma?

"This is so unlikely Levi," he muttered.

"W-what is?" Ruby said. He motioned to the place.