Chapter 4: the boy is mine

The fluffy bed that Ruby was on felt like cloud nine. A rather large bed to be exact. Opening her heavy eyelids, she wasn't surprised to see Levi in a chair next to her reading a book from earlier. At least this time he was wearing a shirt; a thin piece of clothing that fit tight on him.

A head-splitting ache caused her to grunt.

Levi looked up from his novel. He was surprised to see her awake so soon.

"It seems you're not dead yet, Mr. Skin and bones." he placed his book in his lap, grabbing a plate of fresh fruits off his bed stand. Ruby pouted her lips looking away from him.

"Why a-are you here and not one of your servants?" Ruby said. Levi grabbed a fork stabbing an oozing orange.

"Good question. I should have sent my highest ranking Butler, Armin, to be here."

"So w-why didn't you?" He pursed his lips. He wasn't quite sure himself. The blood must have been going to his head these days.

"Stop asking questions," He stuck the fork towards her mouth. "Eat."

Ruby felt her face going hot. She was a 20-year-old woman in college. She didn't need some man-baby feeding her. She tilted her lips away from his fork. Besides, she hated fruits.

"I c-can feed myself."

"Of course, you can." he rolled his eyes. "I need to make sure you actually eat these fruits because frankly, your disgusted expression doesn't tell me you will." Ruby glared at him. Just what was his reason for not leaving her alone?

"W-why a-are you being so considerate to me a-any ways? I d-don't think you do this to all the p-people you've taken blood from." Levi sighed. It annoyed him how he couldn't possibly think of an answer.

"Listen, boy, I am quite too busy to answer your questions. I have a million papers stacked on my desk but I'm taking time out of my schedule to make sure you eat." He gave her the plate of fruits since Roody was so unhappy by being fed by him. "So in the meantime instead of wasting your breath talking, hurry, and eat."

Ruby glared, it's not like she had the strength to argue with Levi any further. If she pushed his buttons too far, he might actually kill her.

She took the plate, staring at the menacing fruits. They were all too sweet for her taste. Levi watched her, annoyed with how long this was taking.

"Go on now," he said. Under his unnerving gaze, Ruby jabbed an ugly orange taking a bite. The spur of flavor sat on her tongue making her want to gag. She continued eating, trying to look at anything other than Levi.

Levi was quite regretting taking his time to nurse Roody back to health. His work wasn't going anywhere. And that pile of paper on his desk must have doubled by now.

Ruby felt a tad bit better after eating the oranges and drinking a glass of water. The dizziness and the piercing headache had left her. She still was uncomfortable being so close to Levi.

His hair was combed unlike yesterday when it was a mess as he hovered over her. She looked away from him, her cheeks flaring. She was trying so hard to bury the events of that night.

Levi raised an eyebrow. What excited Roody so much to get his blood pumping so quickly? The avoidance of the boy's slanted eyes told the story quite clearly. And to add on, it seemed the dark-skinned boy was blushing.