Chapter 3: Obsessed

When Ruby opened her eyes, the room was brightly lit with morning sun. And for a moment she forgot all about yesterday. She was ready to go to school and play basketball with a few of her teammates, possibly go to Starbucks with Sasha...but life wasn't so good anymore.

Using her hand, she tried to block any beam of light hitting her eye, which wasn't working.

The light made her feel even dizzier. Turning over on her side, wanting to bury her face in a pillow, she yelped. Almost stumbling off the bed.

Levi laid next to her with his head propped up by an elbow. He had been thinking all night, so much he couldn't sleep. What was it about this human's blood that was different from any other? Ever since he tasted it he couldn't take his regular dosage from Armin or anyone else for that matter.

This was dangerous, it was quite possible he'd become obsessed with Roody's blood like a crack addict. Then, he'd be at this human's beck and call. The greatest weakness he could ever have.

He was not going to let that happen.

So he came back to the room to kill the boy. Except he hadn't. Should he kill the boy while he slept, or use him as his personal bloodbag until he grows old? He wasn't sure what to do.

Snapping out of his trance. It was easy to read the amount of fear on Roody's face, the boy was an open book.

"Do I look so horrifying that you'd scream at a glance at me?" Roody swallowed. She had awoken to a nightmare. Unable to answer his question honestly, she glanced at the bedsheets.

"Can I go home? Please? I-I won't tell anyone about this." Ruby said. Levi opened his mouth before closing it. Most humans, after a hit of the endorphins from a vampire bite, never wanted to leave...odd. He smirked darkly.

"Oh really? Am I supposed to believe you'll waddle back home, and not tell a soul that the Ackermans are in fact, vampires?" Ruby bit her lip. He had a point...She needed to get out of here but that seemed impossible.

"What is it you want from me then! Money?" He clicked his tongue. He rolled his eyes.

"I doubt someone of your caliber has a few millions of dollars laying around."

"Then what-"

"Your blood. I want your blood. I thought I made it obvious last night." he glanced about the room becoming bored. It was odd. He never came to the same blood bag twice because he grew tired of the taste quickly. "I could kill you...but I'm hungry and unfortunately, there is no other blood donor available at the moment."

There were many people Levi could get blood from...but that wasn't important, he wanted Roody's Blood.

She backed away from him, falling off the bed and landing on her butt. All the memories from yesterday flooded her head. She didn't want to become his juice box again.

Taking another more in-depth look at him, she hadn't noticed he was in nothing but the tightest blue jeans, completely bare-chested. He looked like he wanted far more than just her blood.

"You can't! I uhh well, I'm tired..." She mumbled. And she was tired from all the stress and blood loss. He raised a brow.

"You can sleep after."