[17]

Entering the next room, you become surprised at how large the orchard is now. Looking over the top you can see it stretch all the way near the end of the room. Lin steps forward before stepping back as something seems like it's trying to get out of the trees.

 What comes out is a robot that looks like a beast. Its main body is gray and white with some blue at its fingers and paws. There are blue holograms around it that are supposed to represent fur. There are also some small gray triangles hovering above its head. Its face is a black screen with some blue LEDs representing its eyes.

 Looking closely at its body you think it can't transfur you as it's made out of metal instead of latex. There is a possibility that it might have latex inside though so you still have to be wary of it.

 "I almost forgot about this iron scrap's existence. After all, I haven't visited the greenhouse for years. This futuristic-looking robot was actually a prototype for mass production of household robots.

 Before this building was used to study latex beasts. It was also rented by another technology company as a robotics laboratory. After the emergency expropriation of this building many not yet publicly announced machines were left here. Have to say, these sweeping robots they developed were really convenient.

 But this prototype's AI version is really low. Even the early education machine in the library is smarter than it. Prototype, do you have any special features? Can you present your abilities to the subjects in front of you?"

 The robot, which you assume is called Prototype, pauses a bit before striking a pose as its main color changes from blue to green then pink, its fur and tail also changing shape as well.

 "Can you do something more useful? Even my mouse exceeds you. Can you think of a way to obstruct the subjects in front of you from moving forward?"

 Prototype then changes back to its default blue to think again. Looking around it perks up before going to the other side of the room, it comes back holding two traffic cones and places them in front of you and Lin.

 "Ok. This is indeed a kind of obstruction. This time I will be sure to make my demands clearer. Can you... in any way... turn these subjects into latex beasts? And make them stay naively and obediently in this building?"

 It looks around again before going into the orchard, picking up a beast and placing it to the orchard that's closer to you.

 "Although that's not what I had in mind, it's close enough. Of course I wasn't expecting it to do anything actually useful."

 The speakers turn off. You're thankful that it only brought one beast, if it brought more than one then getting past them will get harder. You're about to do what you've done before, but after taking a step you see some squirrels hanging down from the ceiling.

 You stay still to observe them, they go back into the ceiling and only seem to come out when they hear noise. You continue what you're doing but now you have to wait for the squirrels to go back into the ceiling.

 You and Lin get to the middle where there's a thin gap between the trees. Lin goes to the other side to lure the other beast this time. Before he does he peeks around the trees and motions you to come to him.

 As you make your way to the other side, he moves past you to let you see through the side. Taking a peek at the side, you can barely see Prototype watering some potted plants.

 "Are you going to let these humans get out of here? Are you really going to turn a blind eye to these walking hazards?"

  Prototype stops watering them then turns around. It then stares back at you.