[2]

You try your best to remain silent, but it was all worthless as a metal box behind you fell down. The two of you quickly enter a safe zone as the cat wakes up to the loud thud. There's another safe zone nearby and you both make a run for it. You manage to enter it safely, but Lin couldn't as the cat is heading straight for him. You can't do anything but watch as the cat chases him.

 He then sees a cord with a note attached to it, reads it, then pulls on it. A cardboard cutout of a black creature with a familiar mask drops from the ceiling. This scares the cat and could possibly trap it, giving you time to run away.

 While heading towards the exit, you quickly read the papers that are on the wall.

 "The latex beast will not be affected by the virus. They have a special structure and the virus cannot survive on them. Subjects who have been transformed to beasts also have resistance to the virus and will not be infected anymore.

 Although they look sticky, it seems to clean off dirt easily. And their body will automatically repel pollutants, such as dust, bacteria, or air impurities. Dare I say that the latex beast is the cleanest creature in the world."

 Next up is a group of pictures showing a cell devouring something and splitting. After that is a note on the wall.

 "When there are difficulties, just go for it, hesitating worsens your chances. Also, careful observation helps a lot. In short, life is not a game. There is only one chance."

 You check to see if the cat is nearby. It's still near the cardboard cutout, you sigh in relief as the final paper is right beside the door. As you get there, you see Lin pushing boxes to make a way to the exit. You help him and when you're done you read the note before leaving.

 "The layout of this building is not humane at all, it's awful. These rooms have no symmetry, artistry, and are completely messy.

 Fortunately, the closure here is very good. If there's a biological or chemical attack, it can be kept safe for a while. After all, this tower was originally built as a bunker, even after thousands of years it's still standing upright.

 As a research site, this place is really suitable. But I really just want to breathe, it's too boring."

 As you finally leave the cat's room, a wave of hunger and fear hits you. From what you've experienced so far, you worry about what's next. Not to mention that you haven't eaten even now.

 At least there's someone to keep you company.

 Looking down at the hallway, there's a door to your right and at the end. You head to the door at the side, but stop as a slime comes out from the vents and attacks you. You and Lin eventually kick the slime off, and as it enters the vent again, you feel your legs getting sore.

 With no option but to continue, you try to open the door only to find out it's welded shut. You notice a note at the end of the hall, it reads.

 "The maintenance of the vent is at an impasse. Some people claim to see strange shadows inside it. Today, my colleagues told me that an experimental sample escaped into the vent."

 The moment you enter the warehouse you hear some static and then a voice.

 "Don't go any further."

 You look around to find the source of the voice and see a monitor high up on the wall. You recognize it as the same voice from the tape recorder.

 "Did you wake up because of the power outage just now? The life support chamber automatically releases the subject when the power is off. What a superfluous design.