Chapter 17: Go figure.

Start from the beginning

Shortly Aaron walks out of the football pitch with his gym bag in his hand and Chanel basically pushes me out of the car.

"Hey, babe." I say as I walk towards him.

"Hey." He says, flashing me a tired smile.

"We need to talk." I tell him.

"Not this shit again." He says, placing his back in the trunk of his car.

"Yeah, this shit again." I say and he glares at me.

"What's the matter with you?" He asks and I scoff.

"I just saw a video of you fucking Aaliyah's brains out. Care to explain?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Nah, she's the one I'm fucking, so I don't need to explain nothing to you." He tells me and I nod.

"Fuck you." I say, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

I'm not crying because I love him or something. Even though I do. I'm upset 'cause even when he betrays me in the worst way, his nonchalance towards the whole thing never seems to amaze me.

"You know you can get it anytime." I hear him say as I start walking away.

"How did it go?" Chanel asks once I get inside the car.

"Just drive please." I tell her, wiping my eyes.

***

Richard: Are you working tonight?

Me: No. Why?

Richard: I want you to go on a date with me.

Whoa.

You're moving way too fast dude.

Aaron would totally freak out if he found out that I went on a date with someone, but then again, he's fucking my best friend, so why not?

I text Richard that I'll be there and he insists on picking me up, but I decline. He picked out a bowling alley for our date and I tell him that I'll meet him there. When I get there, I don't see him. I'm sitting at a table by myself.

Great.

I got stood up.

"Hey, sorry I'm late." Richard says as he sits beside me. "I got caught up at the office." He has his bowling shoes in his hands.

"It's...fine. I was just about to order a milkshake. Would you like one?" I ask him, smiling.

"I would." He tells me before I stand up.

I head to the food court and I buy two strawberry milkshakes and a huge bowl of popcorn. I walk back to the table and Richard has his bowling shoes on.

I'm not really in the mood to bowl anymore.

"Here you go." I say, placing the glass in front of him. I sit down and place my glass and popcorn in front of me.

"You couldn't even loosen up the tie for me?" I ask him, referring to his knotted tie. He looks like he came straight from the office.

"Girl, he just told you he did." My subconscious quips.

"Sorry." He says, laughing nervously.

"Don't be. I actually like business apparel." I tell him, eating my popcorn.

"Do you now?" He says and I nod.

"Why did you think I took you up on your offer to spend time with you? I'm a sucker for men in business. It's like the suit is my own version of an aphrodisiac." I say before I take a long sip of my milkshake.

"Oh, really?" Richard asks, rolling up his sleeves.

"Mhm." I hum.

"That's interesting." He says, staring at me. I graze my foot up his leg and he almost chokes on his milkshake.

"What are you doing?" He asks and I shrug.

"Nothing you wouldn't like." I say, biting my lower lip.

Minutes later, we're in the back of Richard's Cadillac. Richard peels my shirt off my body and sucks on my neck. I let out a loud moan as he keeps going to town. He unbuttons my plaid skirt and puts his hands in my lace panties.

"Oh God." I moan.

I unbuckle his belt and lift myself up as he takes his trousers off. He unhooks my bra and a phone rings.

"Ignore it." He tells me and I nod.

My hands are in his pants when it rings again.

It's his phone.

Okay, now I'm getting annoyed.

"Just get it." I tell him.

He takes it out of his pocket and I see the caller ID, it's a woman named Trish.

"Hey." Richard says as he answers the phone. The woman on the phone seems to be yelling at him.

"Honey, calm down. I'll fix it." He says and my heart sinks.

Honey?

Is he married?

Fuck.

I get off his lap and I sit down on the chair, hooking my bra. Richard continues his conversation and I get dressed. When he's done he lets out a frustrated sigh and I stare at him.

"I know you're wondering who that was?" He says and I shrug.

"Are you gonna tell me?" I ask him.

"It's my wife. Well, almost ex-wife. We're going through a really shitty divorce right now." He tells me.

"How am I sure you're not just lying so you can keep me here?" I ask, folding my arms.

"Because it's true. You have to believe me." He says, coming closer.

"You're a man I just met, you don't have my trust yet." I say.

"Yet, you're alone in a car with me." He quips.

"That doesn't mean anything. I gotta go." I say, grabbing my purse. He holds my hand as I am about to open the door and I stare at him.

"Please, don't leave. You're the first woman I've been with since Trish and I know we only just met, but I feel a strong attraction towards you." He says and I chuckle. I grab my phone and I send him my account details.

"You're a big boy, Richard. Show me how sorry you are." Is all I say before I leave his car.